GolferGal

BOSS
Boss Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
  • Admin
Now that I have this new bread maker I am a bread making machine. But besides bread I just love to cook in general. I thought it might be fun to start a recipe exchange where everyone can share their favorite recipes or something new they just tried and absolutely loved.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Albatross 2019 Club Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
This sounds lke a good idea. I hope there's some simple stuff submitted that I can even cook!

Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
My Hasbrowns:

Cook Hashbrowns
Sprinkle Rosemary & Basil (Seasoning Salt Optional)
Sprinkle Grated Cheese
Heat in Microwave on plate
Ketchup ontop.

Simple.

Craig Mac

Reaction score
Spaghetti Sauce:
I don't make it with a recipe but should be able to translate it one:

3 big cans(28oz???) of Tomato Sauce(substitute 2 of the cans with crushed tomatos if you like tomato chunks in your sauce)
2 8 oz cans tomato paste
Olive Oil
1 Large Onion diced(I only use half an onion)
1 Pound Lean Ground Beef
1 Pound Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage
1 Tbsp. Basil
1 Tbsp. Oregano
2 Tbsp. Parsley Flakes
3 diced cloves of garlic or 2 tsp of garlic powder
The following are a general guide for use, and should be added "to taste"
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Black Pepper
1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper(if you like it with a little kick)
Optional:
1 diced green onion, 2 oz. mushrooms, handful of olives, 2 bay leaves, 1/2 cup Burgundy wine or whatever else you like in your sauce.
Grandpa use to pan fry a small steak and roll it up and tie it with string and put that in the sauce for more flavor as well.

Cook the Hamburger, sausage, garlic(only if using fresh cloves, NOT the powder), and onion in a little bit of olive oil in frying pan until meat is browned. Drain grease then put in a crock pot or large pot with all of the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over low heat stirring occasionally for at least 5 hours. If sauce is to thick you can add up to 2 cups of water, if to thin add another can of tomato paste, sauce will slightly thicken as it cooks.

Gummi Bear

Sporadic Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Bean Dip
What are you interested in cooking GG? I've got loads of recipes, indoor and outdoor. I'm not much of a cookbook person, I look to recipes for inspiration, and make up the rest as I go along.

I learned to cook as a kid, so did my brother. We're both pretty good hands in the kitchen.

GolferGal

BOSS
Boss Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
  • Admin
What are you interested in cooking GG? I've got loads of recipes, indoor and outdoor. I'm not much of a cookbook person, I look to recipes for inspiration, and make up the rest as I go along.

I learned to cook as a kid, so did my brother. We're both pretty good hands in the kitchen.
I love to cook too. I grew up helping my mom cook. I don't have a ton of time when I get home from work so I am always looking for something that isn't too time consuming but still tastes good. Although I am happy to spend all day Sunday's cooking a feast. I am also always open to crockpot meals. I never had one growing up so I don't really have any recipes for it, but so many people say it's great to use.

Lange

Single Digit Handicap!
Reaction score
Handicap
Quick mix recipe:

I threw this together over summer playing with my blender lol.. i was a gym freak and was real deep into healthy foods so i thought i'd take my own approach at it!

1 banana, nectorine
Crushed ice (as much as disired)
bout 2 cups of apple juice

Basically my own created smoothie. Sure u could go buy artificial mix but it's not the same or as much fun! Really liked it don't know why worked great for me as it was much better then a milkshake

ClairefromClare

Give 'em Helen!
Reaction score
Handicap
Brazilian
World's Easiest Chicken Mole

World's Easiest Chicken Mole

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 14 oz. cans tomatoes w/peppers (Ro-Tel is best, but Del Monte will do)
1 full square unsweetened or bittersweet baking chocolate, chopped fine or grated
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/8 tsp. oregano

Put the chicken in a greased or Pammed baking pan, and pour everything else on top. Bake for 45 minutes at 450 degrees, stirring the toppings after 15 minutes. Drain in a colander and shred with two forks. Serve on soft tortillas with whatever you like--sour cream, guacamole, salsa, jalapenos, chopped cilantro, etc.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Monte Cristo w/out frying

Monte Cristo w/out frying

Ingredients

* 3 eggs lightly beaten
* 1 cup milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
* 1-1/2 teaspoons light brown sugar firmly packed
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 4 slices thick country-style bread or
* 8 thin slices ham
* 4 slices of turkey
* 4 thin slices gruyere cheese

Directions

1. Preheat an electric panini maker or frying pan
2. Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, nutmeg, brown sugar and salt until blended.
3. Pour into a shallow baking dish then set aside.
4. Carefully cut a horizontal slit on one long side of each bread slice to create a pocket.
5. Keeping the other three sides intact.
6. Stuff each with 2 slices ham, 1 slice of turkey, & 1 slice cheese.
7. Gently press down on the bread.
8. Place the bread in the egg mixture and soak for 30 seconds per side.
9. Place the bread on the preheated panini maker or frying panand cook for 5 minutes (in maker) or until crispy in pan.
10. Serve immediately with favorite sauce

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Albatross 2019 Club Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I posted this around Christmas as a suggestion for a quick and easy breakfast so everyone could eat at the same time. This thread didn't exist yet, and this is so easy, I suggest giving it a whirl. Even Claire (Breakfast out of a baggie can taste good!):

Ziplock Bag Omelette!
If you love omelettes but hate the mess involved with making them at home, or if you are looking for a healthier alternative than frying your eggs, you are going to love the ziploc bag omelette. This healthy, convenient spin on traditional omelettes can’t be beat. To make a ziploc omelette, you will need one quart sized ziploc freezer bag, two large or extra large eggs, and whatever fillings you like in your omelette, such as cheese, ham, bacon, or even mushrooms, peppers, and onions. Crack the two eggs into the ziploc bag, seal it up, and knead it with your fingers to “scramble” the eggs. Then, drop in the fillings, roll the air out of the bag, and zip it up tight. Place the bag in a pot of boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. After the time is up, remove the bag from the water and use scissors to cut the top half of the bag off. Your omelette will then slide right out onto your plate, ready to eat. It’s amazing! It makes a nice, fluffy omelette with a lot less fat than regular cooked omelettes. (This comes from: http://www.reviewstream.com/reviews/?p=4994)

You can cook many at a time if you use a large enough pot and everyone eats at the same time. We do this once in a while, and usually when my neice and nephew spend the night.

[YOUTUBE]NJ2NfUbbQWE[/YOUTUBE]

Buzz13

I three putt
Reaction score
I posted this around Christmas as a suggestion for a quick and easy breakfast so everyone could eat at the same time. This thread didn't exist yet, and this is so easy, I suggest giving it a whirl. Even Claire (Breakfast out of a baggie can taste good!):

Ziplock Bag Omelette!
If you love omelettes but hate the mess involved with making them at home, or if you are looking for a healthier alternative than frying your eggs, you are going to love the ziploc bag omelette. This healthy, convenient spin on traditional omelettes can’t be beat. To make a ziploc omelette, you will need one quart sized ziploc freezer bag, two large or extra large eggs, and whatever fillings you like in your omelette, such as cheese, ham, bacon, or even mushrooms, peppers, and onions. Crack the two eggs into the ziploc bag, seal it up, and knead it with your fingers to “scramble” the eggs. Then, drop in the fillings, roll the air out of the bag, and zip it up tight. Place the bag in a pot of boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. After the time is up, remove the bag from the water and use scissors to cut the top half of the bag off. Your omelette will then slide right out onto your plate, ready to eat. It’s amazing! It makes a nice, fluffy omelette with a lot less fat than regular cooked omelettes. (This comes from: http://www.reviewstream.com/reviews/?p=4994)

You can cook many at a time if you use a large enough pot and everyone eats at the same time. We do this once in a while, and usually when my neice and nephew spend the night.
Very interesting way of cooking an omelette. This way of cooking reminds me a lot of a technique called sou vide. Pull a vacuum on a bag with some food in it and let it cook in a warm water bath. I've never had anything thats been sou vide, but I heard its really good.

But anyway, I'm definately gonna have try this omelette.

GolferGal

BOSS
Boss Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Grilled Mahi Mahi with Roasted Green Chili Sauce

Servings : 4

2 pounds mahi mahi
4 each tomatillos
1 each poblano pepper
1/2 each onion
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 each lime, juiced
1 tablesppon fresh cilantro, chopped
2 teaspoons salt and pepper

Heat Grill

Roast poblano pepper on hottest part of grill, turning, unitl the skin is blistered on all sides.

Place in a bowl to cool.

Grill onion on hottest part of grill until blistered.
Remove skin and core from the poblano and place in a blender with the onion, cumin, and coriander.
Blend until smooth, then transfer to a sauce pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the lime and cilantro to the sauce.
Lightly oil the grill and season the mahi mahi with salt and pepper.
Grill the mahi mahi for 3-4 minutes per side on the hottest part of the grill.
Move the mahi mahi to a cooler side of the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes longer.
Place a pool of sauce on the plate and place the mahi mahi on top of the sauce.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Man o Man, that stuff is so good.

ClairefromClare

Give 'em Helen!
Reaction score
Handicap
Brazilian
Sweet & Sour Stew

Sweet & Sour Stew

Cut up your average hunk of top round, dredge in flour, and brown in olive oil. Slice an onion thin, separate, and toss it in with the meat.

When the meat is done, toss it and the onion in a crock pot with:

1/2 C BBQ sauce
1/4 C packed brown sugar
1/4 C cider vinegar
1 Tbl. Worcestershire sauce
no more than 1/2 C water

Let it go all day & serve over egg noodles. Usually I tweak recipes to add extra vegetables and otherwise sneak healthy food into my family, but this is too good the way it is to mess with.

ActionJackson8

KAHHHHHNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Guacamole;

4 Small/Medium Avacados
1/2 White Onion
1 Tablespoon Garlic
1 Large Heirloom Tam.
4 Tamatillos or 5 Jalapenos (for mild remove seeds)
2 Tablespoons of Mexicana Sour Cream
1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon or Lime Juice
1 Table Spoons Ground Cumin
3 Table Spoons of Sea Salt
3 Table Spoons Fresh Ground Pepper
Half a cup of Freshly grated Pepper Jack Cheese

Chunky, use a large pot a patatoe masher, Smooth use a food processor

....This is/was Nadines favorite.

ClairefromClare

Give 'em Helen!
Reaction score
Handicap
Brazilian
Crockpot Layered Enchilada Casserole

Crockpot Layered Enchilada Casserole

Meat Layer
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 pound ground beef
Sauce
  • 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
  • 4 oz. can tomato paste
  • small can corn (drained)
  • small can sliced black peppers (drained)
  • 15 oz. can black beans (rinsed)
  • 1 tsp. good chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin
  • 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
Other
  • 6 soft corn tortillas (original recipe calls for 9, but that gets gummy)
  • 2 cups shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese
Pretty obvious: saute the meat ingredients. Combine sauce ingredients and simmer. Layer 2 tortillas, 1/3 of the meat, 1/3 of the sauce, 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat twice. Cook on low 6-8 hours.

We serve with guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and jalapenos on the side.

GolfGirl

Reaction score
Ingredients

* 3 eggs lightly beaten
* 1 cup milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
* 1-1/2 teaspoons light brown sugar firmly packed
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 4 slices thick country-style bread or
* 8 thin slices ham
* 4 slices of turkey
* 4 thin slices gruyere cheese

Directions

1. Preheat an electric panini maker or frying pan
2. Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, nutmeg, brown sugar and salt until blended.
3. Pour into a shallow baking dish then set aside.
4. Carefully cut a horizontal slit on one long side of each bread slice to create a pocket.
5. Keeping the other three sides intact.
6. Stuff each with 2 slices ham, 1 slice of turkey, & 1 slice cheese.
7. Gently press down on the bread.
8. Place the bread in the egg mixture and soak for 30 seconds per side.
9. Place the bread on the preheated panini maker or frying panand cook for 5 minutes (in maker) or until crispy in pan.
10. Serve immediately with favorite sauce
Note sure if I am missing something but I am a tad bit confused. This is your heading: Monte Cristo w/out frying but it says you use a frying pan or panini maker.

GolfGirl

Reaction score
Note sure if I am missing something but I am a tad bit confused. This is your heading: Monte Cristo w/out frying but it says you use a frying pan or panini maker.
BUMP!!

Would like to know the answer as I cannot eat fried food but would like to make this. Sounds good!

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Frying Pan and/or Panini Maker in my eyes are different than deep frying something. No oil is needed to cook the product.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
You can use a frying pan for all kinds of cooking. Frying by definition means "the cooking of food using oil or fat".

GolfGirl

Reaction score
You can use a frying pan for all kinds of cooking. Frying by definition means "the cooking of food using oil or fat".
Ok thanks for that. It's just when I think of using a frying pan, then I'm frying. I was actually trying to decipher if it could be "baked" using an oven.

Cookbooks I have in my kitchen, not dictionary's. So I guess maybe if you can answer this, since you have made this....can it be "baked"?

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Not really since the outside needs to be seared slightly.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in