Cut Golf

GolferGal

BOSS
Boss Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
This is the Potato Gratin with Truffle Oil that I made for Thanksgiving. My mother-in-law went back for seconds and thirds. I used a 7 x 11 casserole dish so it ended up being 3 layers and I need a bit more cheese and creme fraiche. It also needed to cook for about 20 minutes longer because of the third layer. For the herbs on top I just used chives because I had extra from Caramelized onion and Gruyere dip I made earlier in the day.

Ingredients

• 8 ounces Fontina cheese, well chilled
    • 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
    • coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
    • 1 1/2 cups creme fraiche ( see note)
    • 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
    • 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs, of your choice ( thyme, basil, rosemary or combination of)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish. Remove rind and shred Fontina cheese using a hand grater.
  2. Place 1/2 the potatoes, overlapping slightly, in prepared baking dish. Salt and pepper slices generously. With a rubber spatula, spread half the crème fraiche over the potatoes. Then sprinkle 1/2 the cheese over the crème fraiche. Make a second layer in the same way using the remaining ingredients.
  3. Bake potato gratin on center rack of your oven, uncovered, for approximately 30 minutes. Then lower heat to 350 degrees F. and bake approximately 30 more minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife. Potatoes will have a golden brown crust on top.
  4. NOTE: If you can't find crème fraiche, make your own by whisking together 1 1/4 cups whipping cream and 1/2 cup sour cream Let stand at room temperature until thickened, approximately 6 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate. Can be stored up to 1 week in the refrigerator. Makes about 1 3/4 cups.
  5. NOTE: Cover with aluminum foil if potatoes become too brown. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
  6. NOTE: Gratin can be prepared up to 4 hours ahead. Cool, cover loosely with aluminum foil and refrigerate. Reheat, covered with aluminum foil, in a preheated 350 degree F. oven until hot, approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Drizzle truffle oil over the top and sprinkle with herb just before serving.

Jman

#JakeNation
Albatross 2019 Club Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Soooooo making those.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
They were seriously some of the best potatoes I have ever had.

mmaynard11

Reaction score
Handicap
I will be making these soooonnnn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
This is the Potato Gratin with Truffle Oil that I made for Thanksgiving. My mother-in-law went back for seconds and thirds. I used a 7 x 11 casserole dish so it ended up being 3 layers and I need a bit more cheese and creme fraiche. It also needed to cook for about 20 minutes longer because of the third layer. For the herbs on top I just used chives because I had extra from Caramelized onion and Gruyere dip I made earlier in the day.

Ingredients

• 8 ounces Fontina cheese, well chilled
    • 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
    • coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
    • 1 1/2 cups creme fraiche ( see note)
    • 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
    • 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs, of your choice ( thyme, basil, rosemary or combination of)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish. Remove rind and shred Fontina cheese using a hand grater.
  2. Place 1/2 the potatoes, overlapping slightly, in prepared baking dish. Salt and pepper slices generously. With a rubber spatula, spread half the crème fraiche over the potatoes. Then sprinkle 1/2 the cheese over the crème fraiche. Make a second layer in the same way using the remaining ingredients.
  3. Bake potato gratin on center rack of your oven, uncovered, for approximately 30 minutes. Then lower heat to 350 degrees F. and bake approximately 30 more minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife. Potatoes will have a golden brown crust on top.
  4. NOTE: If you can't find crème fraiche, make your own by whisking together 1 1/4 cups whipping cream and 1/2 cup sour cream Let stand at room temperature until thickened, approximately 6 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate. Can be stored up to 1 week in the refrigerator. Makes about 1 3/4 cups.
  5. NOTE: Cover with aluminum foil if potatoes become too brown. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
  6. NOTE: Gratin can be prepared up to 4 hours ahead. Cool, cover loosely with aluminum foil and refrigerate. Reheat, covered with aluminum foil, in a preheated 350 degree F. oven until hot, approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Drizzle truffle oil over the top and sprinkle with herb just before serving.
Yeah. That sounds amazing.

Better than the goat cheese mashed potato recipe you gave me a while back? Those are freaking phenomal.

Nighthawk117a

Reaction score
Handicap
That sounds amazing. Now the question is to make these before or after I finish all of the leftovers I have.

sudseh

Hacker Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Handicap
Tito's
Cool little repurposing. Sriracha bottle for olive oil. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Cool little repurposing. Sriracha bottle for olive oil. :)

That's a pretty smart idea.

How many times did you have to wash that sriracha bottle?

sudseh

Hacker Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Handicap
Tito's
That's a pretty smart idea.

How many times did you have to wash that sriracha bottle?

Once with industrial strength degreaser dish soap. ;)

TheCrest4

#UrbanLumberJack
Reaction score
Handicap
Spaghetti squash lasagne

tequila4kapp

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 17.6
I am trying this recipe today. I just got through putting it all in the crockpot. We will see how it tastes tonight.

tequila4kapp

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 17.6
I am trying this recipe today. I just got through putting it all in the crockpot. We will see how it tastes tonight.

To be honest, this was just okay. The chicken needed a little more seasoning. There wasn't anything wrong with the veggies but they were on the uninspiring side.

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap

GolferGal

BOSS
Boss Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Just made this Skinny Taste One-Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta and JB and I both said it's one of the best dishes I have ever made. It's that good!

JB doesn't like peppers so I eliminated them, but I bet they are awesome in here.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/one-pot-chicken-fajita-pasta/

One-Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 5 • Size: 1 1/2 cups • Points+: 10 pt • Smart Points: 9
Calories: 390 • Fat: 12 g • Carb: 43 g • Fiber: 6 g • Protein: 29 g • Sugar: 4 g
Sodium: 754 mg • Cholest: 76 mg

Ingredients

• 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 large white onion, sliced
  • 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups less-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 (10-oz) can Mild Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles
  • 7 oz pasta (use gluten-free pasta for GF)
  • 1/2 cup light sour cream
  • 1 scallion, diced
  • 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
  • 4 oz diced avocado (from 1 small)
Directions:
Season chicken with 3/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp chili powder and 1/4 tsp garlic powder. In a large deep nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over high heat. When the oil is very hot, add the chicken and cook until browned, stirring about 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.

Reduce heat to medium, add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil to the skillet. When the oil is hot, add the onions, bell peppers, and remaining 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp chili powder and 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 10 minutes. Add minced garlic, and stir until fragrant and well combined, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and transfer to the plate with the chicken.

In the same skillet, add the broth, diced tomatoes and uncooked pasta. Stir to combine and bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 15 minutes until pasta is tender and liquid is mostly absorbed. Add the chicken and veggies back into the skillet and stir to combine until heated through, about 2 minutes. Mix in the sour cream and top with scallions and cilantro. Serve with avocado on top.

ddec

Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Nerfny is making that one tomorrow. Can't wait.

ddec

Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
I think she is making the chicken tortilla soup tomorrow, I will post that up here too. The one I just posted is something different and even better than the soup.
Well now I know what she is making Thursday hehe

GolferGal

BOSS
Boss Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I made a healthy crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup last night and it was amazing! Recipe listed below. I topped mine with some avocado, green onions, fresh cilantro and just a small dollop of sour cream (it needed it because it was spicy!). Turns out my cayenne peppers in my garden that I subbed for the jalapeno's pack a major punch.

I had the left overs for lunch today and added some lime juice to it this time and that took it over the top. Definitely add the lime.

http://theskinnyfork.com/blog/health...-tortilla-soup

Healthified Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
TheSkinnyFork.com

The Skinny:
Servings: 6 • Size: About 1 1/2 C. Soup + Tortilla Strips • Calories: 244 • Fat: 1.8 g • Carb: 35.1 g • Fiber: 7.1 g • Protein: 24.7 g • Sugar: 6.1 g • Sodium: 708.3 mg

Ingredients:

Soup:
1 Lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (About 2-3 Breasts), Cubed
10 Oz. Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilies (RoTel)
14.5 Oz. Diced or Whole Peeled Tomatoes (No Salt Added), Un-drained
1 C. Corn, Frozen & Thawed
14.5 Oz. Black Beans (No Salt Added), Drained & Rinsed
1 Medium White Onion, Diced
1-2 Jalapeño, Diced
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
2-3 C. Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth (I use Sodium Free Instant Chicken + Water)
1 Tsp. Ground Cumin
1 Tsp. Chili Powder
1 Tsp. Salt
1/4 Tsp. Black Pepper

Tortilla Strips:
White Corn Tortillas, Cut Into Strips
Salt & Pepper To Taste

Final Touch:
Lime, Cut Into 6 Wedges

Optional Suggested Toppings: Shredded Cheese, Diced Onion, Avocado, Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt, Cilantro, Etc.

Directions:

Toss all the ingredients for the soup into your crock pot and give everything a good stir. Secure the lid and set to cook on low for 6-8 hours.

If you use whole peeled tomatoes you will want to carefully smash the tomatoes at some point so that they break apart into smaller pieces. Careful though or you'll have tomato guts everywhere!

Once the soup is done, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray each tortilla with non-stick cooking spray. Cut the tortillas into thin strips and toss them onto a baking sheet.

Dust the strips with some salt and pepper to taste. I gave a sprinkle of taco seasoning too!

Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until starting to brown and crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.

Dish the soup into bowls and top with a few tortilla strips and your choice of toppings.

Serve hot with a lime wedge!

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap

GolferGal

BOSS
Boss Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I meant to post this up the other day and forgot. I made a quinoa enchilda casserole that was ridiculously easy and super tasty. I gave the recipe to a friend whose husband will not touch "healthy" food, and she said he went back for a 3rd helping. So here you go (this picture is from the site, I would never put olives on anything haha):

http://www.emilybites.com/2015/05/be...inoa-bake.html

Beef Enchilada Quinoa Bake

[FONT=museo_slab]yield: 8 (1 CUP) SERVINGS
[/FONT]

INGREDIENTS:

• 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ¼ teaspoon onion powder
  • ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • ¼ teaspoon oregano
  • ½ teaspoon paprika
  • 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1.25 lb 95% lean ground beef
  • 3 cups cooked quinoa
  • 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
  • 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 (10 oz) cans red enchilada sauce
  • ½ cup fat free sour cream
  • 4 oz (about 1 cup shredded) shredded 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar, divided

Optional toppings (not included in nutrition calculations): scallions, cilantro, black olives, avocado, sour cream, guacamole, peppers, etc.

DIRECTIONS:

1. Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
  2. Combine the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper in a dish and stir together to make your own taco seasoning. Set aside.
  3. Bring a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the ground beef. Cook while breaking up with a wooden spoon until beef is completely browned and broken into small pieces. Drain grease from the pan. Add the taco seasoning from step 2 and stir together until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and add the quinoa, corn and black beans. Stir until well combined. Add the enchilada sauce, sour cream and 2 ounces (half) of the shredded cheddar and stir until thoroughly combined.
  4. Transfer the contents of the mixing bowl to the prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle the remaining 2 ounces of cheese over the top. Bake for 35 minutes until the bake is bubbly and heated throughout and the cheese is melted.

[FONT=museo_slab]WEIGHT WATCHERS SMARTPOINTS:
8 per serving (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
[FONT=museo_slab]WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS:
[/FONT]8 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
[FONT=museo_slab]NUTRITION INFORMATION[/FONT]:
317 calories, 32 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 9 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 27 g protein, 6 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)[/FONT]

Scrap Iron

On The Eh Team
Reaction score
Handicap
Hero Shots
Take off the olives and that looks great.

TheCrest4

#UrbanLumberJack
Reaction score
Handicap

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in