Recommend budget wedge

Ben Hogan Equalizer's are forged high quality wedges at $100 each. If your price range gets up to that you should check them out. I have not tried Tour Edge wedges but I can attest they are a quality product.

I will, of course, second this recommendation.

Looking for a good budget 56* wedge, and if I like it, will buy a 52/60* to match.

Currently throwing around the idea of a Maltby M-Series + from Golfworks. After shipping is $51, so not a bad price at all, and seems to have great reviews. Just not an OEM. Would be an even better deal if I waited till they had free or $1.99 shipping, but I am impatient :)

What would you recommend and why?

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer

Maltby is one. I can't comment on their wedges as I haven't used them, but the irons are nice. Clevelands with the discount code would be good too.

Dave

Everyone's hitting the big ones - Tour Edge, Wilson's (even the FG Tour's), Cleveland rtx-3, there are some Callaway MAck Daddy 3's out there. Check the preowned sites you can get some great deals on very good condition wedges. Callaway Preowned, Tour Edge, Rock Bottom Golf

I'm not sure I'd want a used wedge. They get pretty beat up.

Vokey SM6s I think are typically $100... might not be budget enough.

Dave

Gigagolf S2 will set you back <$50 for a custom club.

15d1add15c22197808fcbf878e3f5cb3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ebay....I think my SM7 was around $60 on ebay.

I had this almost exact same post a while back and everyone raved on the RTX-3 I went and demoed some and will be doing the BudgetGolf discount to get them at 60 each soon.

Just an FYI, the discount can only be applied to 1 item per order, not the total order.

I’ve played the Wilson Harmonized and they’ll definitely do the trick for a budget wedge. They’re better suited for square faced shots but you can open them up for shots in bunkers and rough. The best thing is you can grab a full set for <$100 in chrome. Black PVD finish is a little more.

I was originally wanting a black finish, but I am seriously thinking about taking him up on the Wilson offer. Not sure I would notice the difference starting out and I could add two more to have a full set for the price of (1) Cleveland.

I am eyeing the Tour Edge too though.

I’ve played the Wilson Harmonized and they’ll definitely do the trick for a budget wedge. They’re better suited for square faced shots but you can open them up for shots in bunkers and rough. The best thing is you can grab a full set for <$100 in chrome. Black PVD finish is a little more.
My first lob wedge was a Wilson Harmonized I found at Sports Authority for $10. I played it for years. The feel of it was really nice.

+1 on the RTX 3 - For the price they can be had at Budget Golf with the THP coupon or on ebay it's a no-brainer.

My first lob wedge was a Wilson Harmonized I found at Sports Authority for $10. I played it for years. The feel of it was really nice.

Agreed. They won’t put as much spin on touch shots as wedges with extra milling, but they do have plenty going for them besides price.

I too agree with the RTX-3. A great deal on a really nice wedge. I have CB 50 degree and the MB 54 degree. I really enjoy them both. Feel and consistancy are fantastic.

Looking for a good budget 56* wedge, and if I like it, will buy a 52/60* to match.

Currently throwing around the idea of a Maltby M-Series + from Golfworks. After shipping is $51, so not a bad price at all, and seems to have great reviews. Just not an OEM. Would be an even better deal if I waited till they had free or $1.99 shipping, but I am impatient :)

What would you recommend and why?

I would go with the Maltby wedge. The performance and feel can't be beat for $50. I carry one or two Maltby wedges in the bag depending on the course. I find them to be one of the most accurate and forgiving wedges on the market. Sold my Callaway and Cleveland wedges after trying the Maltby wedges.

I would go with the Maltby wedge. The performance and feel can't be beat for $50. I carry one or two Maltby wedges in the bag depending on the course. I find them to be one of the most accurate and forgiving wedges on the market. Sold my Callaway and Cleveland wedges after trying the Maltby wedges.

I have seen a few people talk about maltby. Their clubs in general are on the less expensive side and I have no idea about then but they intrigue me.

I've heard great things about Maltby and that's probably where I'm getting my next wedges. The RTX-3 CBs can be had for 60 bucks. Golf etail and Rockbottom golf usually have them at that price.

Agreed. They won’t put as much spin on touch shots as wedges with extra milling, but they do have plenty going for them besides price.

The Wilson's were decent, had a 56 harmonized last year, gave it to a good friend. But for only a few duckets more the RTX-3 is the deal.

The Wilson's were decent, had a 56 harmonized last year, gave it to a good friend. But for only a few duckets more the RTX-3 is the deal.

I’ve played both extensively and would agree - provided the OP can find the RTX3 in the configuration he’s looking for.

I've heard great things about Maltby and that's probably where I'm getting my next wedges. The RTX-3 CBs can be had for 60 bucks. Golf etail and Rockbottom golf usually have them at that price.

Golfetail has a set of 3 Tour Edge TGS wedges for like 70 bucks right now, the whole combo set of 3. Sounded too good to be true, as I have never dealt with them before.

Golfetail has a set of 3 Tour Edge TGS wedges for like 70 bucks right now, the whole combo set of 3. Sounded too good to be true, as I have never dealt with them before.

I see those, but they aren't even on Tour Edge's website. Not sure if they are old stock or what.

I do think I will be going with the Tour Edge Super Spin (Hot Launch) as I do like to be a little different, and I didn't realize they had a lifetime warranty. Plus they have kinda a feel good story, and with the THP Budget Golf discount they are $50.

Im selling my RTX-3 CB and going back to the matlby forged. I just don't like the leading edge or how they sit open, and really struggled out of the sand

But everyone has preferences

I went with used Callaway Mack Daddy Forged with the black finish for 50$. I found some really good condition ones on ebay from Callaway's official pre-owned store. It even came with a certificate of Authenticity!

I have been looking for a set of wedges just like you and after hours of research and checking out reviews, I settled on Lazrus forged, milled 52, 56, and 60 set. $109 from the amazon monster. I hope they work out for me. I will advise how I like them when they come and I get to use them.

I have been looking for a set of wedges just like you and after hours of research and checking out reviews, I settled on Lazrus forged, milled 52, 56, and 60 set. $109 from the amazon monster. I hope they work out for me. I will advise how I like them when they come and I get to use them.

I have seen those as well. Any idea who ultimately makes them?

I have seen those as well. Any idea who ultimately makes them?

Must be a secret, but they claim they are made in the same factory as some name brand clubs. Guesses?

The Maltby are as good as it gets at any cost.

Back