Recommend budget wedge

DirtyTee

Expert Hacker
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Too High
Looking for a good budget 56* wedge, and if I like it, will buy a 52/60* to match.

Currently throwing around the idea of a Maltby M-Series + from Golfworks. After shipping is $51, so not a bad price at all, and seems to have great reviews. Just not an OEM. Would be an even better deal if I waited till they had free or $1.99 shipping, but I am impatient :)

What would you recommend and why?

Cleveland RTX-3

Awesome wedges, and for the price they are pretty hard to pass up.

Tour Edge Super Spin. Price is nice and they're fantastic wedges.

Tour Edge Super Spin. Price is nice and they're fantastic wedges.

I have seen some good prices on the Tour Edge's but wasn't sure, as I have never really heard much about them.

I second the Tour Edge Super Spin wedges. Very affordable and very solid wedges.

Ben Hogan Equalizer's are forged high quality wedges at $100 each. If your price range gets up to that you should check them out. I have not tried Tour Edge wedges but I can attest they are a quality product.

I like to get my wedges from Callaway Golf Preowned. Their eBay store is typically a bit cheaper than their site. I hate spending $100+ on a club that gets beat up. I am just cheap that way for some reason. I think I paid around $50-$75 a piece for my wedges. Sometimes you get a deal when they do a BOGO offer or something.

Ben Hogan Equalizer's are forged high quality wedges at $100 each. If your price range gets up to that you should check them out. I have not tried Tour Edge wedges but I can attest they are a quality product.

I have thought about the Ben Hogans (wanted to keep it under $65 or so) but thought about giving them a try due to their demo program. Only problem is they aren't available at the moment.

Cleveland RTX-3

Awesome wedges, and for the price they are pretty hard to pass up.

I second this. Can find them for about $60 on the bay. Hard to beat.

Another vote for the RTX 3. Hard to beat at any price, but at ~$60 its a heck of a value.

Another vote for the RTX 3. Hard to beat at any price, but at ~$60 its a heck of a value.

I can't seem to find them for that price. Or is that used?

Honestly the RTX-3 on BudgetGolf closeout with the THP 15% off code would get you under 65.

Subtotal:$69.96
Discount coupon $10.49
spacer.gif
Discounted subtotal:$59.47

The RTX-3 gets A LOT of love :)

The RTX-3 gets A LOT of love :)

I had this almost exact same post a while back and everyone raved on the RTX-3 I went and demoed some and will be doing the BudgetGolf discount to get them at 60 each soon.

The Maltby wedges are awesome. I may put mine back in the bag because the bounce on my new Bridgestone's don't work for me.

Pinemeadow or Wilson Harmonized. $30 or less on Amazon with free 2-day shipping if you have Prime.

I had this almost exact same post a while back and everyone raved on the RTX-3 I went and demoed some and will be doing the BudgetGolf discount to get them at 60 each soon.

Tell me more about this discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a set off RTX-3 from Amazon

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tell me more about this discount.

It is on the THP homepage, use code 15OFFTHP at checkout for 15% off any one item. Budget Golf is a great friend to THP so try to buy from them if you can.

Maybe TOO budget for you, but I have a Wilson Harmonized 56* wedge that I received at a tournament that you can have for free. Just pay shipping. If you are not interested, you won't hurt my feelings. :D

Maybe TOO budget for you, but I have a Wilson Harmonized 56* wedge that I received at a tournament that you can have for free. Just pay shipping. If you are not interested, you won't hurt my feelings. :D

That is a very generous offer! I may take you up on that if I don’t find something else in my range. What color is it?

Wilson Staff wedges. You can find some great deals out there.

Everyone's hitting the big ones - Tour Edge, Wilson's (even the FG Tour's), Cleveland rtx-3, there are some Callaway MAck Daddy 3's out there. Check the preowned sites you can get some great deals on very good condition wedges. Callaway Preowned, Tour Edge, Rock Bottom Golf

Back