Recommendation for solid 3w

ketron10a

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I decided to sell my previous irons and my old 5w. My buddy said if I threw in my 3w that matches the 5 he'd be a buyer. I don't use my 3 all that much so I said sure.

Now I'm on the hunt for a new 3w replacement. Looking to spend sub $150 preferably closer to $100-120. Close or models or even solid used clubs are open to consideration. I've read review after review and I just can't make up my mind. I'm kinda thinking Callaway but I like my Cobra 5w so I'm open to them as well. Who wants to provide me some input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decided to sell my previous irons and my old 5w. My buddy said if I threw in my 3w that matches the 5 he'd be a buyer. I don't use my 3 all that much so I said sure.

Now I'm on the hunt for a new 3w replacement. Looking to spend sub $150 preferably closer to $100-120. Close or models or even solid used clubs are open to consideration. I've read review after review and I just can't make up my mind. I'm kinda thinking Callaway but I like my Cobra 5w so I'm open to them as well. Who wants to provide me some input?

I've been very happy with my Titleist 915f woods, and I would recommend them to anyone who's not looking for the latest and greatest. You should be able to find a used one in decent shape for what you're looking to spend.

cant say it enough. Callaway 816 fairway woods are sooooo money and can be had right in that price range right now

Check out the Cobra F6 line.

I have a Cobra F6 3/4 w that I love. I bought mine at the beginning of the season for $119 I believe.

cant say it enough. Callaway 816 fairway woods are sooooo money and can be had right in that price range right now

I second this

I guess it would be considered old school now, but what about the original TM RBZ fairways?

I still have both the 3W and 5W in my bag

Check out the Tour Edge Exotics. Always known for great FWs and you can find their previous year's models in the price range you're looking for.

If you are looking for something in the budget category, the Adams XTD ti was one of my favorite woods of all time.

I've been very happy with my Titleist 915f woods, and I would recommend them to anyone who's not looking for the latest and greatest. You should be able to find a used one in decent shape for what you're looking to spend.

I am also very happy with my 915f, very predictable, easy to hit and is a bomber. I bought it off of budget golf using the thp discount code for $118 i believe.

I am looking into the 915F and the 816 Alpha. The Cobra F6 was previously on my shortlist. But now I see theres a New F7 driver sitting in the marketplace....ugh! golf addiction!

I am also very happy with my 915f, very predictable, easy to hit and is a bomber. I bought it off of budget golf using the thp discount code for $118 i believe.

I have replaced every club in my bag in the last year except for my 915f 3w and 5w. Mainly because I haven't hit anything yet that makes me want to swap them out... and I've hit just about everything available. Not trying to discount all the shiny and new stuff out on the market. I just love the feel and results I get with these.

I had XR16's and had great success with them Should be able to get them on CPO in the price range you are looking.

I had XR16's and had great success with them Should be able to get them on CPO in the price range you are looking.

I was looking into Epics but way out of my price range currently. How do you like them?

816 Alpha with the weight back is a weapon. They say the 4W had the highest MOI of any FW that they had ever put out at the time... that's saying something

The GBB 3w set at 16* loft has been a great club for me. Hit my best shot of the round the other day with it. It rewards a nice smooth swing.

I game the Original RBZ 3HL (17*) and its a bomber!! Well for me. You might want to look at the regular 3 wood at 15*.

I have replaced every club in my bag in the last year except for my 915f 3w and 5w. Mainly because I haven't hit anything yet that makes me want to swap them out... and I've hit just about everything available. Not trying to discount all the shiny and new stuff out on the market. I just love the feel and results I get with these.

I feel the same way, the feel and confidence i have with this club is unparalleled. I wasnt driving well the other day and decided to take this off the tee on a par 4 338 yard hole and crushed it 288 yards down the middle of the fairway. Couldn't be happier with this club, contemplating getting rid of the 816 hybrid for this in a 7 wood.

I almost got the Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood when I was in the market for one, tried a friends old Adams RPM one that is his go to club, ended up buying a used one on eBay for 15$ and I love it, and saved some $$.

I'm still a big fan of the Callaway 815 BBA. It would sell even cheaper than the 816 model and has an even bigger potential weighting differential versus the 816 or even the new Epic SZ. So depending on how you use your 3W, the 815 BBA really does plays like two completely different clubs based upon where you install the 30 gram weight. I recently updated mine with the newer Epic SZ and am seriously considering going back to my old 815.

The callaway V series was the longest running club in my bag until I tried the epic. If the epic is out for you then check out the V series, easy to launch and hit from the deck.

Lots of nods to the Callaway woods I see. I started out in the world as a straight TM guy but never hit any of their woods well. IDK why....maybe mental thing. My bag now is turning into a mixture like most peoples I see lol. I am probably gonna pick up a 816 Alpha from the reviews I have read. I am still looking around but DG has them with a 15% off one item for almost $100

Back