Recommendations for Accessible Miami-Area Courses

ClubCorp

Tenputt

Albatross 2019 Club Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.7
I am flying into Miami on the 12th. I am trying to decide whether to take my clubs, as I am traveling with non-golfers. Can you THPers talk me into it? What are your recommendations?

Johan185

SoCal, KiteSurfer
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
There's always time for golf. And Miami has too many Wonderful courses to not bring your clubs.

• If you bring them. You will Play.

Canes

305 Till I Die
Reaction score
Handicap
What's your budget? If you don't have one, Trump National Doral has arguably the best courses (4) in town and you don't even have to play the Blue Monster

BigDill

#USTMamiya
Reaction score
Handicap
20.1 Grint
I am flying into Miami on the 12th. I am trying to decide whether to take my clubs, as I am traveling with non-golfers. Can you THPers talk me into it? What are your recommendations?
If you don’t want to travel with your new sticks, you are more than welcome to use any or all of my three bags. Depending on timing, I may even be able to join you for a round if you want. Unfortunately, you are arriving the week that rates are going up at most places.

Crandon on Key Biscayne is a very good public course.

Bernoulli

Enjoy every sandwich
Reaction score
If you don’t want to travel with your new sticks, you are more than welcome to use any or all of my three bags. Depending on timing, I may even be able to join you for a round if you want. Unfortunately, you are arriving the week that rates are going up at most places.

I second the recommendation of Crandon. The Senior Tour had a regular stop there for years.

Tenputt

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.7

Thanks so much. I just booked a tee time for Crandon on Key Biscayne for Wednesday morning at 9:45. The weather is looking iffy and I know that is a work day for most. I have somewhat of a fixed schedule and the weekend is booked with activities, so this was my opportunity. If you would like to join me, by all means message me. Thanks also for your very generous offer regarding clubs. I am going to bring my own clubs. At this point, any golf with my own clubs may be my last for a few months.

Tenputt

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.7
I played Crandon on Key Biscayne today. Thanks for the recommendation. I had a blast.

I saw lots of wildlife, including iguanas everywhere, two crocodiles, lots of birds and raccoons on several holes that would like to jump in your cart and steal any food you may have while you are on the tee box. One got a banana out of my golf bag. Hilarious.

I shot a 79, which I felt really good about, given that I had never played the course and that it is always an adjustment for me going from elevation to sea level.

40C7702E-D4A3-47BB-BCEC-EB80871FD39D.jpeg

BigDill

#USTMamiya
Reaction score
Handicap
20.1 Grint
I played Crandon on Key Biscayne today. Thanks for the recommendation. I had a blast.

I saw lots of wildlife, including iguanas everywhere, two crocodiles, lots of birds and raccoons on several holes that would like to jump in your cart and steal any food you may have while you are on the tee box. One got a banana out of my golf bag. Hilarious.

I shot a 79, which I felt really good about, given that I had never played the course and that it is always an adjustment for me going from elevation to sea level.

View attachment 8914722
That’s one heck of a score on a tough track, especially the first time through. Glad you enjoyed it! It’s been years since I played it.

Canes

305 Till I Die
Reaction score
Handicap

View attachment 8914722
That's a great score on a tough track where they've hosted Q school qualifiers. I think golf digest rated Crandon as one of the hardest public golf courses in the country.

What did you think of the par 3 - 3rd hole from inside the mangroves over water? That's a really cool golf hole.
That’s one heck of a score on a tough track, especially the first time through. Glad you enjoyed it! It’s been years since I played it.
We should tee it up one of these weekends. I'm always looking for someone to play 18 anywhere in Dade or Broward county (usually with the Premier card).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bernoulli

Enjoy every sandwich
Reaction score

View attachment 8914722
Nice round. I have played there probably 7-8 times. I have always enjoyed it. Happy to hear that you got to see the iguanas.

BigDill

#USTMamiya
Reaction score
Handicap
20.1 Grint
That's a great score on a tough track where they've hosted Q school qualifiers. I think golf digest rated Crandon as one of the hardest public golf courses in the country.

What did you think of the par 3 - 3rd hole from inside the mangroves over water? That's a really cool golf hole.We should tee it up one of these weekends. I'm always looking for someone to play 18 anywhere in Dade or Broward county (usually with the Premier card).

100%. I am a premier card holder as well, although now it’s over. I’ll send you a PM with my info later today and we will make this happen.

Tenputt

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.7

What did you think of the par 3 - 3rd hole from inside the mangroves over water?

you mean this hole?
92652C28-333B-40A1-B55F-F0EAD0C6D9DE.jpeg

Tenputt

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.7
I loved hole number 3. Unfortunately, I didn’t need a 7 iron and flew the green, leading to a bogey. My new Cobra Forged Tecs are long.

337F63F2-B975-4911-8FDA-22BC7C500A3C.png

Canes

305 Till I Die
Reaction score
Handicap

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in