Red Ventus TR vs regular Ventus Velocore

El Rayo X

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody played both?
Wondering if the difference was notable.
I've read that the TR is a little stiffer in the handle and tip?

I’ve played both of the blue versions not red but I can attest to the TR being a little stiffer in the butt section which made it feel more ‘boardy’ to me. I get along very well with the OG Ventus blue because it’s a bit more ‘lively’ for me.

But if someone prefers the stiffer feel TR is a great option. They are great shafts and very easy to find in most golf stores you should go swing them somewhere.

I’ve played both of the blue versions not red but I can attest to the TR being a little stiffer in the butt section which made it feel more ‘boardy’ to me. I get along very well with the OG Ventus blue because it’s a bit more ‘lively’ for me.

But if someone prefers the stiffer feel TR is a great option. They are great shafts and very easy to find in most golf stores you should go swing them somewhere.
I picked up a Red TR 5 and so far I'm impressed.
One round and a couple of range sessions.
I like the feel OK, coming from an Oban Devotion 6
Seems to have added some distance to my drives. Definitely higher peak flight.

Ventus TR Red is stiffer in the butt and tip than original Ventus Red. I found Ventus Red to be a little too loose for my liking, even with extra tip trim, but TR Red tipped the same 2" in fairway was amazing. I recently fit in to something else but the TR Red is still a good fit for me i feel

i don't tend to like profiles that are very stiff in the handle, and get progressively softer. i didn't get along with the og red. but to me they tightened up the feel of the red tr and i liked it a lot more. still didn't work as well for me as the blue tr, but i could game it and enjoy it.

Anybody played both?
Wondering if the difference was notable.
I've read that the TR is a little stiffer in the handle and tip?
You are definitely going to feel a stiffer experience through the swing with the TR. It can be helpful if you need that from the shaft, but if you are going for pure feel, the regular Ventus is the way to go.

Ventus TR Red is stiffer in the butt and tip than original Ventus Red. I found Ventus Red to be a little too loose for my liking, even with extra tip trim, but TR Red tipped the same 2" in fairway was amazing. I recently fit in to something else but the TR Red is still a good fit for me i feel
Several rounds in and I'm really liking the TR in my Paradym driver. 10.5 at -1 and D setting.
Nice mid high, piercing flight and still plenty of roll. Ive picked up about 10 yards of carry, which is a lot!
I've also hit it in my Rogue ST LS 10.5 head with similar results, but it really changed the Paradym's performance for me.

From info I got at fitting wheee I was fit into the TR red 5. The red TR is basically mid range between original red and blue. No idea if that’s the gospel truth but that’s what fitter said at club champion. I know that even the Red TR 5 r is stable even when going after it.

Back