refinishing chromed irons

NorthVanMike

Reaction score
Handicap
i'm thinking of getting a set of used irons, but they're a couple/few years old, usual nicks and scratches. does anybody know of any methods that can be used to make them look new again? has anybody re-chromed irons? any good weblinks out there you have?

this is kinda like a project for me, restoring a set to its original condition. possible?

nice, but other than paying for rechroming, i'd like to do it myself. that site says $40 a club, , but multiplied by a full set, converted to US,shipping, not really economical, especially when i add the price to purchase the clubs.

yeah, unfortunately not cheap. but services like that are geared to those people who have that one set they just can't part with. once everything is done, maybe even throw in a reshaft, you practically have a new set

I have a friend who had these done to his Titleist 670MB irons... they arent the easiest thing to find and for the money he would spend on a new set of irons, he just revamped the 670's. Saved him the time and effort that goes with a new iron search, plus some demo fee's

nice, but other than paying for rechroming, i'd like to do it myself. that site says $40 a club, , but multiplied by a full set, converted to US,shipping, not really economical, especially when i add the price to purchase the clubs.

you could take them to a buffer wheel for a little home made action... there isnt a chance in hell you can rechrome at home, I have looked into it and it involves some serious heat and chemicals

Back