Refreshed Line from Graphite Design

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Pro’s Choice Golf Shafts, Inc. announced today that the newly refreshed graphics version of the Graphite Design Tour AD DI wood and Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid shafts will be available on 4-1-2020 at all of their authorized dealers, golf club OEM manufacturers and retail locations.

“The Graphite Design Tour AD DI Wood and Hybrid shafts’ specs will remain the same as well as the orange and white color scheme. Graphite Design has revamped the graphics to include the modernized Tour AD logo in order to give them a fresh, new look for the 2020 season. You can certainly expect the ever-popular Tour AD DI shafts to perform as they always have, but they are so much better looking now”, stated Bill McPherson, V.P. of Sales, Pro’s Choice Golf Shafts, Inc.

The Tour AD DI “DEEP IMPACT” is designed to provide golfers with more power and stability in a golf shaft. Designed and manufactured exclusively at the Graphite Design factory headquarters in Japan, the Tour AD DI orange colored option received a cosmetic refresh in the Spring of 2020 and are available in 50g R2 (Lite), R1 (Regular) and S flex, 60g SR (Stiff Regular), S, X and TX (Tour X-Stiff) flex, 70g S, X and TX (Tour X-Stiff) flex and 80g S, X and TX (Tour X-Stiff) flex. The unique shaft profile and designs of the Tour AD DI wood shafts remain exactly the same and only the cosmetics of the orange version have been re-freshened.

The Tour AD DI 5-R2, R1 and S flex, 6-SR, S and X flex, 7-S and X flex and 8-S and X are available in two color schemes of the newly refreshed color of orange with white bands and green rings and a 2nd color option of the original Tour AD DI graphic of black with white bands and silver rings. The Tour AD DI 6-TX, 7-TX, 8-TX and 9-X flex shafts are available only in the newly re-freshened orange color scheme.

The Tour AD DI is our first shaft design that was integrated with Toray Company’s original NANOALLOY material technology in the tip section of the shaft. This material technology has now come to be known as “DI Technology”. This unique material technology promotes additionally shaft stability without the loss of feel and allows the player to create greater club head speed resulting in greater ball speed while still providing exceptional feel and control.

The Tour AD DI also utilizes premium, aerospace quality 50t carbon-fiber materials to provide the best performing shaft available. The softer mid-section bend profile of the Tour AD DI allows the player to load the shaft properly, yet it maintains a firm enough tip section through impact promoting a high launch and low spin ball flight condition. The result, the Tour AD DI delivers players to the next level in shaft performance and will create a “DEEP IMPACT” on your game!

80E11160-367D-4B10-B28D-71EE62DF06CA.png

Great quality shaft! I’m personally not a huge fan of the orange, but I don’t care what it looks like when they perform like they do! Glad to hear that they aren’t changing, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it!

The AD-DI is one of the greatest golf shafts ever designed. Still a ton of play, so the refresh makes a lot of sense.

love the ad-di. Dont love the orange but use it in 3w and had one in driver for last few years until it broke at the adapter.

These have always been out of my price range. Anyone know of a cheaper alternative that plays similarly ?

Anyone know of a cheaper alternative that plays similarly ?

No such thing. But, sometimes there are some ebay sellers who offer Graphite Design shafts at a bit of a discount.

I don't like the fact that I've never tried a Graphite Design shaft

Let me know if you want to try an IZ 5s!

Love the fresh orange paint job. Glad they didn’t change too much.

Great shaft but never been of fan of their graphics. This is no different and honestly doesn't look that much different to me than the original

Great shaft but never been of fan of their graphics. This is no different and honestly doesn't look that much different to me than the original

The orange and white, not my favorite looks wise. The blue and white? :love:

So I notice an update to the tour logo and maybe the font for the flex.

I still have a hybrid 95x in the garage. Played them in my woods for awhile before moving towards mca. The DI is legendary and probably one of the longest running graphite shafts on tour.

The orange and white, not my favorite looks wise. The blue and white? :love:
I'll agree the blue/white is better but their graphics seem like they are from 1980 compared to other companies. 2/color shaft with some rings... BORING. I know its a great shaft, people will buy it anyways.

Have you ever swung a Mitsubishi Diamana Blue shaft ? Most of the Graphite Design Tour AD models are "similar feeling" to the Diamana Blue.
These are very different from most of the Fujikura model shafts, which are known for their stout-rigid feel.

Have you ever swung a Mitsubishi Diamana Blue shaft ? Most of the Graphite Design Tour AD models are "similar feeling" to the Diamana Blue.
These are very different from most of the Fujikura model shafts, which are known for their stout-rigid feel.
nope, don't think i've ever tried a diamana

I've never played either as well. I'm a rookie who is still learning when it comes to shafts

Put the Tour AD XC 6S back in play today since I was quite sore and figured maybe a lighter flex and weight would be better, it was not better. Just does not work for me unless I really smooth it and that is not my normal arm swing.

Great shafts. And I’m a fan of the understated design. Nice little update here.

Great shafts. And I’m a fan of the understated design. Nice little update here.
I think understated is a good way to put it.

Gotta admit it, you can always recognize a GD shaft

I think understated is a good way to put it.

Gotta admit it, you can always recognize a GD shaft
Cheers!

And I agree. I think it’s a really smart way of design. Everyone knows basically what shaft you’ve got no matter the direction; label up or down.

An iconic design, but I still don’t like it.

It’d be cool if brands like this did ‘murdered out’ special editions once in a while.

why mess with something that works structurally? Great idea to update the graphics.
I still want to try a tour ad shaft in my driver and fairway.

I like the orange. Couple that with a white grip and call it a dreamsicle... or a yellow grip and a Mavrik head and call it candy corn. I like it... never seen one but I still like it

I’m digging this up because I’ve got a question about the hybrid shaft vs the wood shaft. I love the DI in my hybrid so I’m curious how that profile transfers into a driver. Anyone have any idea?

I’m digging this up because I’ve got a question about the hybrid shaft vs the wood shaft. I love the DI in my hybrid so I’m curious how that profile transfers into a driver. Anyone have any idea?
I found the DI to be a pretty high launching shaft and reminds me a lot of MCA blue profile.

Back