Regripping an adjustable shaft with GP MCC +4

FatChance

Reaction score
Handicap
I am going to regrip my F9 woods that have adjustable shafts with Golf Pride MCC +4 (non-align) grips. When you do that, do you install them in the std-std position or your current settings, even if those may change? I am still playing around with my settings (mostly +1 draw right now) but that may still change. So, how do you align grips that have obvious visual alignments when you regrip adjustable shafts?

Graphics upside down. A small change (such as your current +1 back to standard) won't likely show the markings. I recently did that change with my adjustable clubs- had them re-installed upside down..

But here's another thought. Let's say you decide that +1 is your keeper setting. The +1 loft only happens if you return the club to square (otherwise it's just a face angle change). Some will do that with the swing plane and hands, some will do that by manipulating it to square at address without soling. If you felt confident you can start square, impact square, you could consider installing the markings aligned not as soled, but as square at impact as a guide to that hand position.

Thank you.

Since the draw/std settings are 180* off, it would only be revisited with graphics down if I switched from a draw setting to a std setting.

I realize there is not an obviously correct way to do this with this type of grip unless I first determine the best setting and do not subsequently change it unless I want to continue regripping with each change. I guess I am just curious how others deal with this.

Last edited:
I used a UTX grip until I got the settings comfortable, and then I put a MCC+4 on based upon that setting. Moving 1 or two settings isn’t an issue for me. So to answer your question, it’s current setting for me.

I'd say find the setting you like the most and have your grip installed based on that. Easier said than done though for sure.

I waited to install my MCC grips. I had a tour velvet and played with setting there first... then once I was happy, I installed my MCC grip.

Graphics down is the easiest answer.
I know some people will say use an air compressor and this way you can change it.
me, I install it standard, and then deal with the way it sets up based on my final set up.
I know where the hands will go regardless

I am going to regrip my F9 woods that have adjustable shafts with Golf Pride MCC +4 (non-align) grips. When you do that, do you install them in the std-std position or your current settings, even if those may change? I am still playing around with my settings (mostly +1 draw right now) but that may still change. So, how do you align grips that have obvious visual alignments when you regrip adjustable shafts?

I align them to whatever I'm currently playing and then just realign them if I change settings.

Doesn't matter really, do what you like. You can re-align them if needed to suit a particular setting. I usually put mine upright at std settings.

I use air to install my grips....but I inject varsol into the grip with a syringe to reorient them!

I use air to install my grips....but I inject varsol into the grip with a syringe to reorient them!

Care to elaborate? If you use air to install, then why not just use air to reorient?

Back