Regripping - who do you trust the most?

Either my home club or the local DSG. The guy who does the club work at DSG is very good.

How much people charge for their service is entirely their own business.
We can't complain of the high fees, but, we do have a choice of where we'll take our business to !

Align feature on the golf grip is probably a psychological reassurance when playing under pressure during competition. As anyone been in the game long enough, we should align the club face with intended target line, before we finalize how the hands go on the grip. I, too, also play with the face angle to control ball flight.
Old school is still the best method, even when it requires commitment for practice to make one feel comfortable taking the skill from practice to the golf course. Just like we used to carry only 2 wedges in the bag ( PW+SW ), the different bounce angle on the wedge may rotate in and out of the bag because of the playing condition and the golf course, but, seldom see anyone in my generation carried more than 2 wedges.
Golf is more fun when one learns to use the same club for different shots, it'll open the imagination part of the game, and if you missed this part of the game, you'll miss a lot more fun.

If I ever go back to the align type of grips ( re-gripped these for the others but not for myself in recent years ); I would strongly recommend to learn to use the air compressor to aid the installation. Basically, it can provide endless adjustment after the grip is on, additional adjustment after you played a few rounds to set the grip in your personal favorite position. No problem with the traditional double sided grip tape, a few drops of the grip solvent will persuade the grip to move under the sire pressure.

Last edited:
I use an air compressor with the Pure Grips attachment

Let’s say you typically regroup yourself but have a ton going on and don’t have time.

Which retail place would you trust to do the job right? Club Champion? PGATSS? Golf Galaxy?
I usually go to Golf Galaxy because there is one on my way home from work and their pro always goes a good job.

Back