Remembering courses you played

Scorp

Lacking competent adult supervision
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I figure this has probably already been asked but what do you do to remember the courses you've played? I'm talking cow pastures, goat trails, neglected munis, tour stops, bucket lists, and everything in between.

I played a course in Cheraw one time years ago. I bought a golf towel in the pro shop and a bag tag. It was the first course I played outside of my area and I was excited. This was before cell phones so I didn't take any pictures. I don't much remember the course now.

I played a course somewhere near Chillicothe Ohio one time years and years back. I don't have anything to remember that course.

I think in the future I'll pick up a course marked ball and an unmarked scorecard to remember where I play.

How do you remember the courses you play?

I remember based on the people I was with.

I usually pick up a ball maker. If it is a really high end or prestigious course I will get a cap or something else in addition to the marker.

I remember the people. I couldn't tell you what I shot most likely, unless it was a significant round for me, but I can usually tell you who I was with when I played rounds at courses away from home.

I've got caps, shirts, pullovers and a jacket or two, and will still buy them if they look good, but I've started collecting bag tags figuring they'll last longer.

I just remember the nicer ones. The courses that I could care less if I ever play again just fade away from my memory. Not a collector so rarely buy any memorabilia in the pro shops unless the course is really something special.

I played High School golf and can't tell you how many different courses I've played in my life. There are sometimes that I will play somewhere and get to a part of the course that makes me realize that I've played it before.

I like to grab a ball marker and a scorecard. But generally if the course is no good I won't go back

Nice thread! I started a golf course blog years ago to remember the places I played.

Also got logo balls, logo chips pencils and scorecards in boxes.

Last edited:
I usually pick up a ball marker, logo ball, and pencil.

New collection is Yeti’s from where I’ve had the chance to play.

I'll hold onto a scorecard for a normal course.
If a fancier course, or more of a destination course, I will buy something special.

I have two primary collections....pencils and scorecards.....I made a presentation of my pencil board 2' by 3'....Measured out what I thought would be my top 100 and 147 fit on the board...at the top are my best played rolling down to bottom where I have 4 pencils from shuttered courses....My scorecard collection takes up two drawers in a large cabinet...I have a bag about 15 pounds of various knick knacks from places...You play they put a bag tag on...sometimes they are metal with your name engraved...divot tools etc I have a myriad of STUFF....Oh and 153 golf course logo shirts....I know...insane

I figure this has probably already been asked but what do you do to remember the courses you've played? I'm talking cow pastures, goat trails, neglected munis, tour stops, bucket lists, and everything in between.

I played a course in Cheraw one time years ago. I bought a golf towel in the pro shop and a bag tag. It was the first course I played outside of my area and I was excited. This was before cell phones so I didn't take any pictures. I don't much remember the course now.

I played a course somewhere near Chillicothe Ohio one time years and years back. I don't have anything to remember that course.

I think in the future I'll pick up a course marked ball and an unmarked scorecard to remember where I play.

How do you remember the courses you play?

I have a logo ball from every course I've ever played and a scorecard from most. I also have some "birdie books"/course guides from a few.

I have two primary collections....pencils and scorecards.....I made a presentation of my pencil board 2' by 3'....Measured out what I thought would be my top 100 and 147 fit on the board...at the top are my best played rolling down to bottom where I have 4 pencils from shuttered courses....My scorecard collection takes up two drawers in a large cabinet...I have a bag about 15 pounds of various knick knacks from places...You play they put a bag tag on...sometimes they are metal with your name engraved...divot tools etc I have a myriad of STUFF....Oh and 153 golf course logo shirts....I know...insane
Like this pencil idea! Let’s see a pic.

My wife always gives me a hard time about how I can remember almost every shot of a round or the layout and details of courses we played only once 3 years ago, but I can't remember to stop at the store and pick up something she asked me too. :oops:

I got a brain scan a few weeks ago and the doc said there was nothing there.......:rolleyes:

Like this pencil idea! Let’s see a pic.
Took a 3 1/2 twist with a summersault to post this....On road and my tech skills not very techy...Ha

Attachments

• IMG_20171212_1849226.jpg
    IMG_20171212_1849226.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 9
I wish I remembered the courses better, depending on the event, group, etc. I may remember it better than others. For any THP event or round I've played I know I can remember quite a bit of it.

For an every day round or a new course I've never played, I may have trouble recounting the holes, what they look like, even how I played.

I try and get a ball marker and/or ball from the course, that's my usually go to in the pro shop.

Took a 3 1/2 twist with a summersault to post this....On road and my tech skills not very techy...Ha
That’s cool. Probably gonna end up copying that.

That’s cool. Probably gonna end up copying that.
I looked at wood boards made like mahogany....But they were not big enough. I bought this bulletin board and you press larger rounded staples in and it's easy to put together. I switch out pencils a couple times a year. As I play a course which should be in my top 147...Ha I have access to get to many top places so the board is always evolving.

There are some good ideas mentioned, and one of us may have an issue. I’m envious. That’s a lot of courses to have played.

I grab a ball marker most places and a shirt if it's a known place. When I play a course that I can remember holes on I will be back. Most courses are kind of generic IMO.

Will start a collection when I play in my first THP event in May. Not sure what it will be, but, I am sure I will find something to get one started. (y)

Maybe pin flags? I picked one up from pebble beach within I visited there last year.

Pictures. Cell phone cameras are almost everywhere now. That could help remember.

Back