Remembering D-Day

EnglishTurn

Reaction score
Handicap
On this day 75 years ago the greatest generation to ever grace this earth faced the enemy on the beaches of France. While many gave the ultimate sacrifice, many more survived and turned the pages of history. THANK YOU to all who have gone and those few still here. Without your bravery this world would be a much different place!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Those were REAL MEN who stormed the beach and swam in the blood of those who fell in battle. It was hell on earth that day.

On the radio this morning they interviewed a gentleman who is 98 and was there that day. His stories and the tone of his voice was moving. It was chilling, you could tell that he was proud and honoured to have been there to represent his country and allies, yet at the same time wishes the same experience upon no one.

Thank you to all of the men and women from all of the ally countries that came together during that time.

Hard to find a group of men stronger and more patriotic than that. Thankful every day those men did what they did

It’s amazing because I feel like we had more pride for our country than we do today. Hats off to all who served during that time and to all others who have/and are serving right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s amazing because I feel like we had more pride for our country than we do today. Hats off to all who served during that time and to all others who have/and are serving right now!

I feel like we would be in big big trouble if we had to depend on the twenty somethings of today to go to battle like that.

Today we are a country of Me. Back then it was We!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I stand for the Flag and kneel for the fallen

This day is special to me. My grandfather was in the Battle of the Bulge in the Ardennes Forest. He used to tell me stories of the hell of war & how he almost got shot twice. Once thru his backpack in his foxhole & another ricocheted off his helmet. He earned the Purple Heart & Silver Star for his bravery in combat. He had to go back across a river, twice, hand over hand on a rope, & carry back two of his comrades in his unit that were injured. His unit went into France a few days after D-Day, so he thankfully didn't have to go thru that part of it. But he still saw his fair share of combat. He was the first one to teach me how to shoot .... with an M-1 Garand nonetheless. Mind you I was 8 at the time or around there, and that thing had some kick to it. It was still in great working order even up to the day of his passing. He also had a Luger that he took off a dead German officer that he had just shot. I could go on for days about his stories. I still think about him every time I see a documentary on the War. Today especially.

I thank all the young men (& they were young .... 18 to 23 some of them .... my Grandfather was 23 when he enlisted) for their service & sacrifice. Without that generation & what they accomplished, our world wouldn't be what it is today. We could all be speaking German.

Google didn't remember D-Day. They will celebrate all kinds of nonsense, but not D-Day, which without Google might not even exist.

Back