Remote Start Question

MBurnham

Reaction score
Handicap
Recently the remote start on my F-150 wouldn't work. I figured out the batteries were dead so I changed them out in the remotes. Now when I hit the button on the remote the truck honks the horn 3 times and doesn't start. I was wondering if anyone knew why this was happening and how to fix it?

Recently the remote start on my F-150 wouldn't work. I figured out the batteries were dead so I changed them out in the remotes. Now when I hit the button on the remote the truck honks the horn 3 times and doesn't start. I was wondering if anyone knew why this was happening and how to fix it?

2 Chirps BRAKE is being pressed, or the HOOD is open
3 Chirps One of the vehicles DOORS are open
4 Chirps TACH not programmed - see dealer
5 Chirps The KEY is in the ignition
6 Chirps The Remote Start System is in SERVICE/VALET mode
If you need more help go to this site::http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/techSpecs.do
where it says-Select Type:Owners guide

Have no clue really...hope that gets you some idea.

2 Chirps BRAKE is being pressed, or the HOOD is open
3 Chirps One of the vehicles DOORS are open
4 Chirps TACH not programmed - see dealer
5 Chirps The KEY is in the ignition
6 Chirps The Remote Start System is in SERVICE/VALET mode
If you need more help go to this site::http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/techSpecs.do
where it says-Select Type:Owners guide

Have no clue really...hope that gets you some idea.

I've seen the same thing and checked all my doors and tried again. Still didn't work.

I may need to take it to the dealer.

won't work if your check engine light is on.

I think the first question is it factory or aftermarket installed?

Factory 1 button remote from ford. There is no check engine light or anything like that on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Removed my link as it was just partial...

Sounds complicated and I'm sure you've probably done all that is searchable. These things just grab me and hold my attention to try and resolve.

Good luck.

Removed my link as it was just partial...

Sounds complicated and I'm sure you've probably done all that is searchable. These things just grab me and hold my attention to try and resolve.

Good luck.

Thanks for the help. I've been working on this for a while. I ended up finding out how program it. It involves stepping on the brake, turning the ignition to on, finding this special button underneath the dash that gets you into programming mode. After that I get lost and can't figure it out. There isn't a lot of good info on the Internet.

Thanks for the help. I've been working on this for a while. I ended up finding out how program it. It involves stepping on the brake, turning the ignition to on, finding this special button underneath the dash that gets you into programming mode. After that I get lost and can't figure it out. There isn't a lot of good info on the Internet.

That's the link I was sending on how to program it. When I read people saying don't mess up or it could take a lot longer than 10 minutes...I figured I would let you find that one...ha.

Back