Removing stains from golf shirts?

jeremyheslop

Reaction score
Handicap
What is the best method to remove stains from a golf shirt? I had a pen explode and got a few spots on it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346427315.709380.jpg

Any other tips for general wear and tear are appreciated as well. Would love you hear your guys thoughts. Thanks!

Tapatalk on iPhone4S

Have you tried using a stain remover? Shout or something like that?

We have a stain stick and spray at home that works really well, it's even just the target brand stuff. It get's stuff out of my golf shirts and the stains on my 1 year old's clothes!!!

pre-treat collars with Era detergent, wash inside out, don't put in dryer as that can help set a stain if it wasn't fully removed in the washer

I doubt that ink is coming out. Could be wrong though.

I have got some set in stains out of ddec's shirts using oxy clean spray

Have you tried using a stain remover? Shout or something like that?

I have used shout spray but not a stick or other stain remover.

pre-treat collars with Era detergent, wash inside out, don't put in dryer as that can help set a stain if it wasn't fully removed in the washer

Unfortunately it was put in the dryer before I could check how it did in the washer. I've hand scrubbed for a good couple minutes without much luck. Good advice though. Never thought of inside out.

I doubt that ink is coming out. Could be wrong though.

Your probably right.

I'll have to see if I can find me some.

Dye the shirt, the color of the ink.

Not a bad idea, but alas it would probably look horrible. It's an adidas Clima Cool with the mesh type sleeves.

Thanks for all the ideas guys and gals. My kids always find new ways of helping. This morning it was with water color paints. Luckily it is the no stain variety.

I have used shout spray but not a stick or other stain remover.

Unfortunately it was put in the dryer before I could check how it did in the washer. I've hand scrubbed for a good couple minutes without much luck. Good advice though. Never thought of inside out.

Your probably right.

I'll have to see if I can find me some.

Not a bad idea, but alas it would probably look horrible. It's an adidas Clima Cool with the mesh type sleeves.

Thanks for all the ideas guys and gals. My kids always find new ways of helping. This morning it was with water color paints. Luckily it is the no stain variety.

Oxy Clean, the gel kind they sell for stains. Put that on there, let it treat for 30-60 minutes. Wash with hot water. Worked pretty well for me on a white polo and some really nasty mud.

Where can you get these sprays ?
I have some stains on my white Oakley trousers that aren't coming off (grass, pasta etc)
Remember I'm from the UK so I'd need a website or brand name

Just tappin away

Lestoil it, then put it in the wash. No joke. Have watched my girlfriend's mother get just about everything out using it.

Try using Rubbing Alcohol or Peroxide. I use rubbing alcohol to get Sharpie markers off balls I find on the course. You could google it to get more ideas.

Try using Rubbing Alcohol or Peroxide. I use rubbing alcohol to get Sharpie markers off balls I find on the course. You could google it to get more ideas.

Not a Bad idea. I'll try it. Thx!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've used hair spray, and finger nail polish remover to get ink out. But that was on a cotton shirt. Not sure the material you're working with. Good luck

Back