Rental car cargo space reqs/recommendations for two set of clubs in soft travel bags + other luggage

C.H.U.D.

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone have recommendations about how much cargo space required for two set of clubs in soft travel bags (Caddy Daddy size) plus luggage for four people? Or have specific vehicle recommendations that will accommodate the same? I'm thinking a full size SUV like a Pathfinder or Tahoe would probably work with the third row seat lowered, but it doesn't really look like there's much more depth/width than a standard SUV for actual cargo space. Would I be better off getting a full size 4 dr pickup? I suppose we could take the clubs out of the travel bags if absolutely necessary for the drive, but would prefer not to.

Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks!!

We rented a mini van for 4 people with luggage/clubs and it worked well when we laid down the back seats.

Mini van, Tahoe or Suburban

I think @Davidhibler and I went mid size SUV for the two of us. I think it would be tough to get 4 people with luggage in there but not impossible. I would go @Jman style and hit up the mini van for this trip if it's available. If not a mini van than a full size SUV because you could always relegate the standing 3rd row to luggage or drop the seat to put your clubs in perpendicular instead of parallel to the back hatch.

Another vote for Tahoe, Surburban or minivan.

I know We rented an Excursion for 4 with clubs and luggage a couple of years ago in Atlanta.....Min van would be good also

The last two golf trips, our group rented a Toyota minivan. It was perfect for 4 golf bags, suitcases and backpacks, plus all the extras you need to grab to stay hydrated in between rounds.

With that much luggage and bags and people, I would go with a van.

Thanks all. Went the minivan route. Hitting up Kiawah Island for a big milestone birthday, and was able to get one of the days on The Ocean Course! Can't wait!

Tahoe / Expedition is always my #1 preference, followed by a Suburban / Expedition Max and mini van (in that order).

We fit 5 people, 4 suitcases, 4 golf (and travel) bags, and an Rtic 65 comfortably into a Tahoe.

Back