Replaceable Spikes Keep Falling out

johnptaylor

Reaction score
Handicap
I have the Nike Air Zoom TW '20 Golf Shoes, I've had them for about 4 months now, and since I replaced the original spikes, I loose around 2 spikes per round due to them just falling out. I'm contemplating just gluing them in but I know that will probably ruin the shoes when the spikes wear out. Does anyone know how to solve this?

I have the Nike Air Zoom TW '20 Golf Shoes, I've had them for about 4 months now, and since I replaced the original spikes, I loose around 2 spikes per round due to them just falling out. I'm contemplating just gluing them in but I know that will probably ruin the shoes when the spikes wear out. Does anyone know how to solve this?
Assuming you are screwing them in properly, have you tried a thread locker like locktite blue (not red, that is permanent)?

I'm sure you have, but have you checked to see if you're using the correct thread for the spikes?

Last edited:
My assumption would be either not the correct thread/connection, or not fully locking them in.

For some reason I remember my Nike spikes being weird ones, like there was a low profile connection and a regular connection.

Barring that, threadlocker or a dab of silicone maybe for ensure the lockdown.

The spikes that Nike uses (and a lot of other brands) have 2 "clicks" to them before they are secure. I would make sure you are getting them tightened all the way, or they would easily fall out.

Assuming you are screwing them in properly, have you tried a thread locker like locktite blue (not red, that is permanent)?
Just purchased on Amazon. Fingers crossed that it works! Appreciate it

The spikes that Nike uses (and a lot of other brands) have 2 "clicks" to them before they are secure. I would make sure you are getting them tightened all the way, or they would easily fall out.
I believe I’m tightening them all the way, it’s the same like 3 spike locations that pop out. But I can tell you that after I lose one and replace it, it feels loose. I bought some of that thread locker and I’m gonna give that a try. If that doesn’t work, I’ll superglue them and just buy some new golf shoes when they wear out lol. Thank ya!

I believe I’m tightening them all the way, it’s the same like 3 spike locations that pop out. But I can tell you that after I lose one and replace it, it feels loose. I bought some of that thread locker and I’m gonna give that a try. If that doesn’t work, I’ll superglue them and just buy some new golf shoes when they wear out lol. Thank ya!

I have 2 spots on my adidas tour 360s that won’t hold a spike. I know I’m installing correctly. Adidas did offer to replace them if I could find my receipt. Dont have the receipt so I moved on to these code chaos Spikeless adidas. I really like those 360s though

ended up getting both colors. 1 from rock bottom was $109. $200 from adidas

49013182-7811-47FE-8DC5-0B5199D6BB9A.jpeg7F603681-D139-4582-A029-1F49D338960B.jpeg

Use a pressure pack of spray tack glue ,,, thin layer will hold but also allow release as great dollops of glue don’t accumulate.

Don't super glue them...lol. You can also put some pipe tape in there too.

Back