Replacement strap for Garmin Approach X40?

FatChance

Reaction score
Handicap
My wife has a Garmin Approach X40 golf/fitness GPS watch. It has worked well since she got it a year ago but the strap (buckle side) broke. Garmin has a replacement for the other half of the strap but not the buckle side. We ordered a silicone replacement strap from Amazon but the buckle side does not fit. Has anyone found a replacement strap for the X40 that they have used and can recommend?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I ordered one a couple years ago from eBay. The first time it didn’t fit, but it was returned and I found a different seller and that one fit perfect. I looked and that seller isn’t around, but they can still be found on the bay.

While not the same watch (have the s20) I got mine off Amazon .. I think 2 Bands for 20

Most of the Amazon and eBay sites list the same replacement straps for Garmin Vivosmart HR Plus and X40 models but they must be different. Our X40 physically would not fit in the buckle side of the strap though the other side fit perfectly.

I guess replacement straps must exist because some people have found one, so it looks like we will have order, check, return, repeat until we luck into one that works.

I have been a big Garmin user for nearly 30 years and this has been my biggest frustration with them in all that time.

Update: after getting two more eBay replacement silicone straps today that did not fit, I called Garmin and they are sending us a brand new replacement X40 golf watch. FWIW, they think it was suntan lotion that caused the original strap to come apart. Great customer service!

Back