Villn

Reaction score
I currently play Apex 21s with UST DART 75 F3 shafts. I love them.

I don't take full shots with my 52,56,60 since they feel wayyy too much different than my irons.

What do you all recommend to replace them with? Do I just put the same shaft in them?

Also what size shaft will I need? I assume .355 taper tip.

Last edited:
Anyone at least know the shaft size of a SM8?

.355 Taper Tipped, shafts are a bit of a personal choice in both weights (same as rest, heavier) and flex (softer, same, stiffer) depending on each clubs use.

What’s the difference that you feel? Too stiff, not stiff enough, too light or too heavy? You hit much different shots with those wedges vs a full iron so i can see having a different shaft in those vs your irons. I have an S400 in my 49* because I’m generally hitting 3/4 to full shots from 115-140. With my 54* and 58* I’m hitting more pitches and chips so I have S200 shafts that aren’t quite as stiff so I have a little more feel.

What’s the difference that you feel? Too stiff, not stiff enough, too light or too heavy? You hit much different shots with those wedges vs a full iron so i can see having a different shaft in those vs your irons. I have an S400 in my 49* because I’m generally hitting 3/4 to full shots from 115-140. With my 54* and 58* I’m hitting more pitches and chips so I have S200 shafts that aren’t quite as stiff so I have a little more feel.

They are too heavy to me. I play a 75g class iron shaft. I can see myself hitting a full 52 degree shot. Maybe a 3/4 and 1/2 shots with my 56 and 60. I would love to have more 'feel' in my higher lofted wedges and maybe even in my 52 degree.

I'm so new to golf that having much heavier shaft in my wedges is really hindering my short game.

So possibly I need to pursue the same shaft in my wedges?

.355 Taper Tipped, shafts are a bit of a personal choice in both weights (same as rest, heavier) and flex (softer, same, stiffer) depending on each clubs use.
Thank you for the size reply! I think I may go with the same shafts that I use in my irons.

I’m definitely not as knowledgeable as most but if your wedge shafts are much heavier then your iron shafts you may need a change. The other thing could be the swing weight though. Might have a club fitter check the swing weights to see if they are similar or far off.

I’m definitely not as knowledgeable as most but if your wedge shafts are much heavier then your iron shafts you may need a change. The other thing could be the swing weight though. Might have a club fitter check the swing weights to see if they are similar or far off.

Ohh, definitely a good call on that one. I have access to a swing weight scale. I'll definitely check before I glue.

I currently play Apex 21s with UST DART 75 F3 shafts. I love them.

I don't take full shots with my 52,56,60 since they feel wayyy too much different than my irons.

What do you all recommend to replace them with? Do I just put the same shaft in them?

Also what size shaft will I need? I assume .355 taper tip.
If you want to full swing your wedges I would install the same shaft type, but heavier, say 95g. Wedge heads are heavy and going too light in the shaft can make it feel like swinging a sledgehammer.

Don’t get hung up on trying to get your wedge swing weights match your irons. Wedges are typically 2-3 swing weight points higher than irons because there’s a lot more mass in wedge heads. Wedges are used in thick rough, bunkers, and other tough lies where that extra mass is needed to get the head to and through the ball.

Last edited:
Back