dehdeh

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys/gals,
Not sure if this is the proper forum for the question, and I could not find previous discussion on this (I am sure it is on here somewhere), but is PING able to refurbish i210 irons? Anyone have any insight on that? Thanks in advance.

What are you trying to get done? Regrooving or new finish or something else?

What are you trying to get done? Regrooving or new finish or something else?

I would like to have the faces restored, and maybe the heads tumbled.

Well, I sent an email to PING. Will be interesting to see their response.

Unfortunately, due to the "hydropearl" finish on the i210s, I am SOL on getting them refurbished.

Unfortunately, due to the "hydropearl" finish on the i210s, I am SOL on getting them refurbished.
You'd lose the hydropearl coating, but you could always send them into an aftermarket company to have them refinished in any one of numerous options. I'm sure those business have a much faster turnaround than 4.5 months.

You'd lose the hydropearl coating, but you could always send them into an aftermarket company to have them refinished in any one of numerous options. I'm sure those business have a much faster turnaround than 4.5 months.

May do that. I mean 4.5 months is insane - right?

May do that. I mean 4.5 months is insane - right?

How bad do they look? I have a set of i200s with at least 200 rounds on them and a fair amount of range time and don't see the need to have them refinished.

How bad do they look? I have a set of i200s with at least 200 rounds on them and a fair amount of range time and don't see the need to have them refinished.

They aren't awful, but they are not great. Whoever previously owned them had no problem banging them around, and hitting off of either cement or hardpan. I have played PING a long time and know how tough they are. I am kind of picky about my sticks, and take pretty good care of them, so I am a bit OCD.

If you want outlaw box grooves that really lacerate urethane covers, try The Iron Factory for restoration.

Back