TheDoctor

One of the UK Hackers
Reaction score
Handicap
5.3 (WHS)
I know we have a general PC gaming thread somewhere, but are any folks interested in retro gaming in any form or other, whether that be old consoles or emulation?
Recently I have been enjoying playing old games that I used to play as a kid using an emulator on my PC - the graphics certainly don't look anything like the games of today, but sometimes the sheer simplicity of the idea creates a good game

I grew up with various Atari consoles and computers in our house, starting with the VCS/2600 then moving through the Atari 400, 800, 130XE, to the Atari ST and TT models

I came across the Atarimania site that contains all of the consoles and computers in the Atari range and via that site I have been able to play a lot of the games I enjoyed, including the likes of

Bristles
Getaway
Spelunker
Boulder Dash
Montezuma's Revenge
Miner 2049er
Bounty Bob Strikes Back
MULE
Bruce Lee

There are some that I haven't yet been able to get working with the emulator, but it has been a breath of fresh air playing some of the old classics

I mostly play NES and SNES games with emulators.

The Nintendo virtual console for the WiiU was great, really enjoyed that along with the Mini variants of the NES/SNES.

Recently I came into ownership of one of the Arcade1UP 3/4 cabinets, it's cool... but I don't have room for the thing.

Back