Returning to the game after a long break

MikeF

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi everyone,

Checking back in from the UK,

I used to be a fairly active member here back in 2011 / 12, wow that is a long time ago, some of you may even remeber me :LOL:

I have had a rather large hiatus from the game due to various reasons but seeing as my 14 year old son wants to play and my daughters boyfriend plays and lives with us I decided that now was the time to dust of the clubs (and boy was there some dust) and get back out onto the course

The bag is still exactly the same, consisting of Taylormade R11 Driver, 3 wood and Hybrid, Nike VR Pro Combo Irons 4 - PW, Nike VR Wedges 52, 65, 60 and Taylormade Ghost Putter

I was considering getting some new clubs but these still work for me and I really like my irons so I am sticking with what I have. I will be regripping everything though once I decide on which grip I want

Played our first round early this week and really enjoyed it, managed to show both my lad and daughters boyfriend (Grant) that I still know how to play, even if I was hitting a pull draw most of the round

Heading to the range today with them as Grant has some new clubs ariving and he wants to try them out

Looking forward to more rounds very soon and getting involved in the chat on here once again

Welcome back!

Hope you enjoy your time back on the forum!

Welcome back! Seems like a great opportunity for you to get back into the game!

Welcome back sir, glad to hear you still enjoy playing.

Welcome back!

Welcome back, I too have been MIA for short bit ... Sunday will be my first round in almost a year.

Hi everyone,

Checking back in from the UK,

I used to be a fairly active member here back in 2011 / 12, wow that is a long time ago, some of you may even remeber me :LOL:

I have had a rather large hiatus from the game due to various reasons but seeing as my 14 year old son wants to play and my daughters boyfriend plays and lives with us I decided that now was the time to dust of the clubs (and boy was there some dust) and get back out onto the course

The bag is still exactly the same, consisting of Taylormade R11 Driver, 3 wood and Hybrid, Nike VR Pro Combo Irons 4 - PW, Nike VR Wedges 52, 65, 60 and Taylormade Ghost Putter

I was considering getting some new clubs but these still work for me and I really like my irons so I am sticking with what I have. I will be regripping everything though once I decide on which grip I want

Played our first round early this week and really enjoyed it, managed to show both my lad and daughters boyfriend (Grant) that I still know how to play, even if I was hitting a pull draw most of the round

Heading to the range today with them as Grant has some new clubs ariving and he wants to try them out

Looking forward to more rounds very soon and getting involved in the chat on here once again

Welcome back! I didn't know you before, but I did a similar thing. Took a hiatus from 2011ish to 2016 and got back into it full time in 2017. Good to see you've gained some playing partners, too. I, as well, gained a couple. My middle son, now 16, is playing and beats me more often than not now. My 13 year old girl also is taking up the game so I will have a steady threesome if all works out well.

I must say, you're quite the trusting one allowing your daughter's boyfriend to live with you! Ain't no way, no how... :cool::eek:

Welcome back to THP. I like the avatar

Sometimes I think I could use a long break from golf, but it keeps sucking me back in! 😆 Welcome back and enjoy the time out on the course with your son and Grant!

Welcome!

Some pretty solid equipment to get back at it with!

I just started playing again almost exactly 1 year ago after about 8-9 years away. Have fun out there! (y)

I must say, you're quite the trusting one allowing your daughter's boyfriend to live with you! Ain't no way, no how... :cool::eek:

Hes been with us for a few years now, has its perks if I need a lift home from work or other places

He is going to be the official golf taxi, he just doesn't know it yet

Welcome!

Some pretty solid equipment to get back at it with!

I just started playing again almost exactly 1 year ago after about 8-9 years away. Have fun out there! (y)

Thanks, I got the irons when they first came out after falling in love with them, the THP tester thread on them persuaded me to get them

They still look as good now as they did back then

Happy to have you with us, sir!

Welcome back!

Welcome back

Welcome back...

Welcome back to the beautiful game

Welcome back (y)

Welcome back to THP and to the game!

I was off for 13 years and took the game up again last year and enjoy it as much as ever. I went with new clubs and think you might think about that as well as things are a lot different now. Welcome back!

I was off for 13 years and took the game up again last year and enjoy it as much as ever. I went with new clubs and think you might think about that as well as things are a lot different now. Welcome back!

The woods and putter may change but the irons are going nowhere, they are just that good

Back