Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
Seems nice and we're considering going there for the holidays. Golf courses look terrific online and the price seems reasonable. This place looks pretty huge. Would we need a car just to get to the golf courses, or could we get away with staying onsite without renting a vehicle?

Kevin

Seems nice and we're considering going there for the holidays. Golf courses look terrific online and the price seems reasonable. This place looks pretty huge. Would we need a car just to get to the golf courses, or could we get away with staying onsite without renting a vehicle?

Kevin

Reunion is a fun resort that offers vacation rentals (not a hotel) and a little self contained place. You wont need a rental car really at all. They have stuff inside the place as far as dining and golf is all inside and small shuttles will take you around. They also offer shuttle service to the theme parks.

We looked at joining as a member there when we move to Orlando at one time, but it is a little far from the part of civilization we would be living (30 minute drive is not necessary for a good course in that area).

It would not be my first choice for a family vacation, but would easily make my top 3 or so. And definitely would make my top 3 in that area for a pure golfing vacation.

It seems the most reasonably priced of the list you posted in another thread, and has three courses. It really looks like what we're looking for, a place to golf and veg.

Kevin

It seems the most reasonably priced of the list you posted in another thread, and has three courses. It really looks like what we're looking for, a place to golf and veg.

Kevin

It does offer both of those things well. Being that it is a little remotely located, just make sure that dining options appeal to you. Although most suites there have a kitchen and there is a grocery store nearby.

How would you compare Reunion to Grand Cypress?

Kevin

How would you compare Reunion to Grand Cypress?

Kevin

Both have great golf. Grand Cypress offers their take on the Old Course for one of their 18s. Including the bridge on 18. Very nice golf. Grand Cypress is also closer to civilization in my opinion. Having seen the accomodations at both, I would say I prefer the lodging at Reunion.

Grand Cypress may have some December issues for you as well since the LPGA Tour CHampionship is being played there that month and I am not so sure what the course will look like after the event.

JB, do you know the three Reunion courses well enough to rate them. We're looking at a package where we could only play after 1:00 and would have to make tee times when we book so we could get 18 holes in before sunset at 5:30ish. We would get one round for each night we stay. Consequently, I would like to know which course we should play more than once or even twice.

As of a couple minutes ago, the resort says the tee times at 1:00 are wide open. It saves us like $1,200 to do the after 1:00 pm tee time package. If you have any other input, feel free to input away. Thanks in advance.

Last night we were looking at a great price at Cypress. Today it's almost $300 a day higher. WTF? They're website is screwy.

Kevin

I dont Esox. They are all pretty darn good if you ask me. I mean PRETTY DARN GOOD!

As for Grand Cypress. Their dead to me. (long story) haha

I think they're dead to us, too.

Kevin

Do FL resorts think the Esoxes stink or have bad breath? I swear we shower and brush our teeth. Why doesn't FL want us? First we get excited about a package at Grand Cypress while doing some online pricing at night. Get up the next morning thinking we'll probably book a trip, and, so sorry, smelly Cheeseheads, the price and package are no longer offered.

Today was worse.

Last evening we had an unlimited golf package at Omni Championsgate priced out online. We wanted to ask a few questions over the phone, so this morning my travel agent, Mrs. Esox, gets Omni International on the horn. We had some questions about the price because Junior Lancer is a kid, and the way were pricing the package was for three adults. Turns out she can play for half price. Woohoo!!! We're getting stoked. We say, thanks lady, we'll get back to you shortly. I had a couple questions for the golf course about booking tee times. Call the pro shop and end up on the line with a transplanted Cheesehead that used to play the mini-tours and now works at the course. We have a nice discussion, he assures me we'll be able to play a ton if we want, and gives me some tee time setting tips. Tells me not to be surprised if J.L. sees Michelle Wie hitting balls on the range. She's there all the time. Woohoo!!!!!! Now we're really stoked.

Mrs. Esox gets online and books our airfare. I head out for some appointments and she's going to book the hotel after getting a few pieces of work out the door so we can pay for this extravaganza. She gets online no more than an hour and a half later to book the package. She plugs in the dates and details, hits the old button, and what do you think comes up?

So sorry, smelly Cheeseheads, that package is not available for those dates. She sniffs her armpits, thinks she smells okay and gets on the horn.

"Hi, Omni people, I just spoke to someone less than two hours ago about a golf package in FL. The package was online and now it's says we smell and it's unavailable."

"So sorry, smelly Cheesehead woman, that package has been withdrawn and is no longer being offered."

"But, but, I just spoke to someone."

"So sorry. You smell like old cheese and the package is not offered for those dates. You're out of luck. Packages can be removed and there's nothing we can do about it. It might come back in the future, but we can't assure you of that. Have a nice day."

So we're coming to FL 12/22 through 12/29. We have plane tickets, but we don't have a place to stay or play golf at this point, which is kind of a drawback. Looks like it's back to The Reunion. Going to cost a little more cabbage, but what's an Esox family to do? Apparently FL golf resorts have taken the old bait and switch to a completely new level.

Kevin

Esox,
Dont sweat it, I will assist you with this if I can. We work really closely with the Omni for a lot of different things and I can tell you why there are some issues as we are going through them as well. The Omni resort and the Championsgate Golf Course, while are on the same property, are not operated together. In fact totally different. It makes things very complicated.

What we have found is a resort package that is available one second, changes every quarter hour. It appears that packages are put out based on X% of occupancy, and then as soon as that number goes up (even 1 booking), that offer changes. It sucks for consumers, but in the back end of things, I understand it I guess.

There are tons of options and I am working on it for you to get you to the right person to speak to in regards to fixing this. Give me a few minutes.

Esox,
Dont sweat it, I will assist you with this if I can. We work really closely with the Omni for a lot of different things and I can tell you why there are some issues as we are going through them as well. The Omni resort and the Championsgate Golf Course, while are on the same property, are not operated together. In fact totally different. It makes things very complicated.

What we have found is a resort package that is available one second, changes every quarter hour. It appears that packages are put out based on X% of occupancy, and then as soon as that number goes up (even 1 booking), that offer changes. It sucks for consumers, but in the back end of things, I understand it I guess.

There are tons of options and I am working on it for you to get you to the right person to speak to in regards to fixing this. Give me a few minutes.

As a former smelly cheesehead...
JB- These are the reasons I love this website. Thank you for everything that you do for all of us lowly 'forum followers'.

As a former smelly cheesehead...
JB- These are the reasons I love this website. Thank you for everything that you do for all of us lowly 'forum followers'.

Yeah, THP is not a bad place, hey, Gus. Thank you, JB.

Kevin

Back