Review: Aldila staff bag and travel log

Vortex

Reaction score
If you can’t be good, then you should look good. I embrace this mentality as a tongue-in-cheek expression about looking the part. If you want to look like a ‘golfer’, then you need a staff bag. Please note I didn’t say you have to be a good golfer to have a staff bag.

I was extremely lucky to win a recent contest sponsored by Aldila and THP. The prize is an Aldila staff bag and it arrived today around 10:00 AM. My schedule included a charity scramble for a local hospital and I needed to be on the road by 11:00. Thankfully, it only took about 20 minutes to prepare the Aldila staff bag for its first outing.

dc28fb80622dc3df51ed87f6ccaaddf6.jpg

4f0f2f500994107aba4c541d03dc9cb7.jpg

b7105c86d980b6ff393674edb226e3ea.jpg

This staff bag oozes sex appeal with its gloss black, black and red panels. Note: the material might be nylon or polyurethane. I’m not sure but it will handle the elements. The red trim and Aldila stitching are nice additions. Staff bags and luxury SUVs share common traits. Both are filled with whistles, bells and offer plenty of space for your gear.

A loaded bag tips the scales at 31.8 pounds. Please note this weight doesn’t include snacks, bug spray, Bluetooth speaker, flask, umbrella, rain or cold-weather gear. My caddy has 4 wheels and motor so weight isn’t a concern. The carry strap can easily handle the weight if you elect to skip the bag drop. The strap also has generous padding for players blending World’s Strongest Man training with golf. This reviewer will forego the carry challenge but encourage readers to share their experiences below.

Here are some key features of the bag.
· Cart and caddy friendly design
· Durable, high-quality materials
· 6-way divider top cuff
· 3 full length club dividers
· Adjustable strap with 3-point attachment for weight distribution
· Padded strap for carrying clubs
· 8 zipper pockets, 1 pocket with velour-lining for valuables
· Both side compartments include mesh pockets
· 1 flip pocket with velour-lining for valuables
· 3 front pockets
· 2 drink holsters (one for the caddy and one for the player)
· Zippered weather hood

fe95821fee55661d577c0667b3ced43c.jpg

c30b5eb7bdaa7b06b4273d4444285600.jpg

df3d0e9df6fecf1675f4de83ebc5cd2a.jpg

92b0d84dc1e206daf6ced4cfa07dd134.jpg

c7a906f1661a48364afd3d84786100dc.jpg

@shifty recently started a thread; you know you’re a golfer when? https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...-Golfer-When?p=5767821&viewfull=1#post5767821
I’d like to amend my response to say; you know you’re a golfer when you use a staff bag!

In closing, I’d like to offer a sincere thank you to Aldila and THP. Your generosity is amazing! The Aldila team put a sweet New Era 39Thirty hat and Synergy tee shirt from Next Level in the box. Thank you.

1da745b791879131a74452faf7ff4bfe.jpg

I'll be adding pictures to this thread from courses over the coming months and years. It's like a golf version of Flat Stanley (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Stanley).

That is just awesome. Well done Vortex. Congrats again.

Excellent review Vortex!

That’s a bad ass bag, congrats again on the win!!

Nice Review Vortex - Go Big or Go Home is what I say!
Once you have a Staff Bag, all others pale in comparison
BTW: The Back Panel is screaming to your name stitch in in Red!

Great review, the bag looks even better fully stocked and ready to go!

Nice touch by Aldila giving a shirt and hat too, top notch!!

Great details and pictures! Have fun with that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a beautiful bag! Thing pops!

That bag is really, really good looking. Zoolander would use without question. Enjoy it and scare others on the tee box for years with this bag!

That review bleeds awesome Dave. Great job

Gorgeous bag and nice little write up! Hope that bag gets lots of use and lasts for many seasons!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

For cart riding, I like staff bags. The 6-way divider is easier to put in and remove clubs than the 14-way divider "cart bags". Also, the hard sided staff bags protects the clubs well.

Very well done. That bag looks fantastic!

That is an incredible looking bag! Thanks for all the pics and details and congrats again!

Great review so far. Love that bag - makes you look like a golfer.

Holy frijoles, 32 pounds before the goodies are added in? Dang!

Still, one must make sacrifices when one is a dedicated follower of golf fashion!

Great review, and congrats on the sassy new bag!

Great review that bag looks Sexy!

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Slick bag, also the rain hood is a great touch.

The hat and shirt are great as well.

That is one cool bag!

Holy frijoles, 32 pounds before the goodies are added in? Dang!

Still, one must make sacrifices when one is a dedicated follower of golf fashion!

Great review, and congrats on the sassy new bag!

The bag weighs about 10 lbs when empty. I loaded clubs, balls, pull-over, sunscreen, ball markers, tees, divot tools, towel, range finder, and water before placing it on the scale.

ea3fdf41407d70a026619b416d46815a.jpg

One great feature with staff bags is space! I have plenty of room for additions.

Rodney still has the gold standard for golf bags.

Last edited:
Congrats Vortex! I am glad you are enjoying the swag. That ALDILA Bag is on fire with those G400 Woods with the APEX irons.

Keep it in the short grass..

"Josh - looks like next time you are around the promo room we should keep a closer eye on you!"

I totally didn't expect the winner go game it! Well done, sir, and thanks for sharing the photos and info!

That whole setup is sweet. Great looking bag and nice review!

Congrats Vortex! I am glad you are enjoying the swag. That ALDILA Bag is on fire with those G400 Woods with the APEX irons.

Keep it in the short grass..

"Josh - looks like next time you are around the promo room we should keep a closer eye on you!"

Thank you for the awesome gift! It's a really, really, really nice bag. As mentioned in the original post, I immediately brought it to a scramble. We played at a private course and they have an unusual parking situation (no bag drop). The Players Assistant comes to your car, loads the bag and takes you to the clubhouse. I opened the trunk and the young kid said; "sweet!" One of the players in the group was a new introduction and this was my first round with another guy. Both of them asked several questions about my game before we started. I laughed and offered the mantra...if you can't be good, then you might as well look good. We had a great time. By the way, I learned this evening that we won the scramble. I hope Aldila will consider adding a photo of the bag to the 2018 champions wall. :D Pretty sure this scramble is just below a major.

Review: Aldila staff bag and travel log

The bag is packed and loaded for my first pro-am. Pretty sure the Aldila bag will have our competitors speculating about who’s the pro for our group...until they see everyone swing.

93b0e76a35398697364571fa936ef004.jpg

Goals for the event are having fun and playing to my index.

I need to connect with Poults (pretty sure I can call him that — staff bag privileges) to chat about staff bags and cars. Maybe I need a bigger and/or flashier ride???

BTW - this is a very low key local event for club pros.

Arrived.

f5892eb27a2f2012dd2586c6248a398d.jpg

Back