Review: Bagboy T-10 Travel Cover (Bridgestone edition)

Vortex

Reaction score
The 2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone kicks off on Friday evening, July 12[SUP]th[/SUP], in Ohio. Eight lucky THPers and four Bridgestone Golf marketing pros will travel to Akron from near and far. Bridgestone Golf generously provided each participant with a travel cover and golf bag.

e26e489130803d9c5c589a35a46672dd.jpg

Travel covers typically don’t grab everyone’s attention like clubs, balls, or apparel but this item dramatically accelerated my addiction to golf. I started dabbling with golf in 2011. Despite a lack of talent, I agreed to join a golf trip to Orlando in March 2012. We played 36 on the Magnolia and Palm courses before venturing to Raglan Road in Disney Springs on March 17[SUP]th [/SUP](St. Patrick’s Day) for an evening of music and a pint, or two, of Guinness. My revelation was likely fueled by Guinness and too much sun but I decided that evening to play more golf…lots of golf!

Flash forward seven years and I've successfully blended two of my favorite activities with trips to numerous golf destinations. My first travel cover was a glorified duffle bag. It had a shoulder strap and some internal padding. I quickly decided to upgrade to a bag with wheels and this led me to a early version of the BagBoy with a hard-shell cover. I experienced some quality/durability issues. The BagBoy customer service team was extremely responsive and they moved me to a traditional travel cover with wheels.

The silver crush-resistant top is a logical feature, yet somewhat unique. Add a BagBoy Backbone support bar and this combination provides outstanding protection for club heads and shafts. Airlines typically wave all liability for soft-side travel covers. Thankfully, I haven’t experienced any issues with damaged or lost equipment (touch wood!) but witnessed a buddy start his trip with a broken driver shaft. As you can see below, I wrap the heads with two golf towels and put bands around everything.

f5314ec075ef341192f27013c4bee119.jpg

a65aa2f1a6ffe518a70091ed3df55e28.jpg

The polyester fabric and zippers are significantly beefier than the previous version. The remaining noticeable features are in-line skate wheels, storage pockets and Bridgestone Tour B stitching. Good wheels are mandatory for every travel cover. The internal and side pockets easily hold all of my golf shoes and attire. The Bridgestone logos make you look like a ‘player’…in the airport, even if you’re not one. :D

Packing the golf bag is super-easy. It only took 15 minutes to pack my clubs and this included short pauses for the pictures.

95dadcc05ad8f62630f50ac2b7ff3e4c.jpg

d4e6fc784a166617923f86ad90eb6eff.jpg

My luggage requirements for a 4-day golf trip includes the travel cover and a backpack. My gal just shakes her head when I celebrate the efficiency. Two pair of golf shoes, fresh golf attire for each day, casual clothes for post-golf activities, and my work laptop. The weight limit for airlines is 50 lbs. I haven’t weighed the bag yet but it’s around 40 lbs.

9f20ba7a427eff418a3689d14949a80f.jpg

My only improvement suggestion is to make the travel cover easier to stand up. I would like to make a short stop without laying the clubs on the ground. FYI - bag is leaning against the railing in photo below.

e01ad934eb7c04d364bbb14a807aff5e.jpg

You can learn more about the travel cover on the Bridgestone Golf website (https://www.bridgestonegolf.com)

Feel free to ask and any questions. I'm sure the other guys will chime in with their thoughts too.

9d10f504491dd535d6c79fa351506eb2.jpg

Since I’m now a picture poster (lol!, day late, but better that then never) I too received one from a very generous Bridgestone (thanks much THP and Bridgestone!!). I have never owned one before as any golf trip I’ve ever made, including Firestone, will be made by car. I was shocked when it showed up at work via UPS. I certainly wasn’t expecting it, that’s for sure.

Since it’s my first I can’t comment too much on it nor run a comparison but Bridgestone succeeded in gifting me just about the only thing golf related that I didn’t have. It’ll be nice to know that when I get in my next THP event and have to fly in that I have a very high quality travel case.

So that’s about all I can comment on, is that it’s made form very high quality materials and just in general you can quickly tell that it’s a high quality item. Like Vortex said, if you have any questions regarding it, fire away and I’ll do the best I can to answer them. If you want any closeup pics or anything let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same exact travel bag for my clubs. I use the back bone but I also (as a matter of habit after 2 broken heads off woods in consecutive trips) remove the wood heads myself.

I felt though had I left them on I think I would have been fine.

My biggest gripe about the travel bag is the way it carries from the from handle. The bag slouches a lot of that makes sense when rolled which makes it awkward to roll at times, ties into the initial idea it doesn't stand up straight well? I also am wary of the handle attached to the silver top cover. It's rock hard into the cover and doesn't give much, can feel too rigid and I feel it could break at some point.

Otherwise I love it, space for days in and out with the side pouches and got hooked up by a thp'er for a good price.

Great review.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This cover looks sick!

The 2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone kicks off on Friday evening, July 12[SUP]th[/SUP], in Ohio. Eight lucky THPers and four Bridgestone Golf marketing pros will travel to Akron from near and far. Bridgestone Golf generously provided each participant with a travel cover and golf bag.

Travel covers typically don’t grab everyone’s attention like clubs, balls, or apparel but this item dramatically accelerated my addiction to golf. I started dabbling with golf in 2011. Despite a lack of talent, I agreed to join a golf trip to Orlando in March 2012. We played 36 on the Magnolia and Palm courses before venturing to Raglan Road in Disney Springs on March 17[SUP]th [/SUP](St. Patrick’s Day) for an evening of music and a pint, or two, of Guinness. My revelation was likely fueled by Guinness and too much sun but I decided that evening to play more golf…lots of golf!

Flash forward seven years and I've successfully blended two of my favorite activities with trips to numerous golf destinations. My first travel cover was a glorified duffle bag. It had a shoulder strap and some internal padding. I quickly decided to upgrade to a bag with wheels and this led me to a early version of the BagBoy with a hard-shell cover. I experienced some quality/durability issues. The BagBoy customer service team was extremely responsive and they moved me to a traditional travel cover with wheels.

The silver crush-resistant top is a logical feature, yet somewhat unique. Add a BagBoy Backbone support bar and this combination provides outstanding protection for club heads and shafts. Airlines typically wave all liability for soft-side travel covers. Thankfully, I haven’t experienced any issues with damaged or lost equipment (touch wood!) but witnessed a buddy start his trip with a broken driver shaft. As you can see below, I wrap the heads with two golf towels and put bands around everything.

The polyester fabric and zippers are significantly beefier than the previous version. The remaining noticeable features are in-line skate wheels, storage pockets and Bridgestone Tour B stitching. Good wheels are mandatory for every travel cover. The internal and side pockets easily hold all of my golf shoes and attire. The Bridgestone logos make you look like a ‘player’…in the airport, even if you’re not one. :D

Packing the golf bag is super-easy. It only took 15 minutes to pack my clubs and this included short pauses for the pictures.

My luggage requirements for a 4-day golf trip includes the travel cover and a backpack. My gal just shakes her head when I celebrate the efficiency. Two pair of golf shoes, fresh golf attire for each day, casual clothes for post-golf activities, and my work laptop. The weight limit for airlines is 50 lbs. I haven’t weighed the bag yet but it’s around 40 lbs.

My only improvement suggestion is to make the travel cover easier to stand up. I would like to make a short stop without laying the clubs on the ground. FYI - bag is leaning against the railing in photo below.

You can learn more about the travel cover on the Bridgestone Golf website (https://www.bridgestonegolf.com)

Feel free to ask and any questions. I'm sure the other guys will chime in with their thoughts too.

Really great write here buddy

Well done! If I had a need to us this yet I’d add my comments but haven’t needed to use it. I’ll be sure to share this thread on social. I’m sure Bridgestone will be happy about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This cover looks sick!

I run a drug store for a living. I gave mine a Z-pack when it showed up there and it’s been fine ever since!:)

When I was looking at a travel bag for The Odyssey Experience, I considered a big boy with the hard top.

The issue on why I didn’t choose that bag was when I tried to pull around the bag the hard top seemed to bend at the section between hard and soft. This made trying to roll the bag much more difficult.

Did you all find this to be the same with this bag or was that flaw improved on or eliminated?

When I was looking at a travel bag for The Odyssey Experience, I considered a big boy with the hard top.

The issue on why I didn’t choose that bag was when I tried to pull around the bag the hard top seemed to bend at the section between hard and soft. This made trying to roll the bag much more difficult.

Did you all find this to be the same with this bag or was that flaw improved on or eliminated?

Tomorrow AM is the maiden voyage. I'll provide an update to this question after navigating the airport.

The Stiff arm helps a lot with rigidity. The only reason I have never moved to a different bag is how small these can pack up for storage. If you stuff the whole soft part of the bag up into the hard top, it takes up very little room. Mine is the previous generation and the hard top is a bit shorter even.

I was also blessed with receiving this bag and Vortex nailed the review. I have another bag boy travel cover that is a total soft cover and never had issues with it. The hard cover on this one is a plus. I did use the backbone in mine and that helps make it rigid. I did not have any issues pulling it through the parking ramp or airport this morning. I agree that it does not stand up well but everything else works as it should.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
a199fc3ee7aabec6a4f79a4ebbc2b0e7.jpg

Attachments

• 20190711_034359.jpg
    20190711_034359.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 0
I run a drug store for a living.

Well this explains a lot!!!

Just kidding buddy. Have a Hell of a time. I know you will.

Good thoughts so far. I am driving to the event this weekend, but will get to test out my bag next month when I travel to Chicago.

I think those look really nice. Great thoughts so far guys!

Great review. Is it a 2 or 4 wheeled bag?

Good morning Fuffle Master.

You are correct about the sag between the hard and soft sections. It didn’t impact rolling but inhibits standing it up for short stops (i.e. ticket counter).

Per the comment from Supersport, I moved the backbone to the back of my bag, closer to the top handle, and this improved overall rigidity.

I added a few items this AM and the travel cover weighed in at 44 lbs.

So your saying its a little top heavy?

I have a Bagbay T10 and it's a pretty good choice for those not looking to store a hard case. The whole bag folds in to the hard top for minimal storage space.

So your saying its a little top heavy?
It's not top heavy. It's just that transition from the hard top to the rest of the bag causes a bit of sag. And with the bottom section not being rigid, you have to do some arranging to get it to stand upright on its own.

Review: Bagboy T-10 Travel Cover (Bridgestone edition)

It's not top heavy. It's just that transition from the hard top to the rest of the bag causes a bit of sag. And with the bottom section not being rigid, you have to do some arranging to get it to stand upright on its own.

100% agree!

@2BFast - the 44 lbs number just gives you an idea of how much stuff it will hold. Some of the pockets are still empty. Pretty sure I could move all of my backpack contents into the travel cover.

Great explanation here.

Got my travel case out of the back of the closet as I get to use it for the first time later this week. My trust level with the guys handling my clubs is going to be much higher with this bag than with my previous soft sided bag. It just seems to have a ton more protection and doesn't add a ton of weight.

Never fails to amaze me when I "Google" anything golf and a THP review pops up!
So, Bridgestone is blowing this out for $110.00
Now that is been 3 year and gotten some use of out if it any additional thoughts?
@fuffle master @Nerdy_81 @djt311 ?

Now that is been 3 year and gotten some use of out if it any additional thoughts?
Still use mine every time I fly. Used it about 6 weeks ago last. It's been on roughly 5 flights with no issues. The only very minor complaint I have is when you're pulling it behind you, right where the soft part, meets the hard top it flexes more than I would prefer and it can cumbersome if you have a long drag through the airport. Plenty of pockets and space though. I'd highly recommend it if ou're in the market

Still using mine! As you can see in the photos, I use a stiff arm club protector for the driver shaft. The only improvement area is the junction between hard shell top half and canvas lower half. It folds at this point. The stiff arm helps but it's not ideal. This also explains why it's difficult for the bag to stand on its own. That said, the exterior materials and zippers are solid.

Back