Review - Trident Golf Putter 1

TJRyska

#LivingtheDream
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.5
Good evening. Hope y'all are doing well. I recently just tested a new putter. The Trident Golf Putter 1. I have been following this company for some time and have been intrigued. What first caught my eye was the all black look. The Trident Golf 1 Putter is CNC Milled from Stainless Steel 431 to create a solid feel at impact. And it truly is solid.

IMG_8517.JPG

I love the black grip with the black shaft and black head. No worry of any glare. On their website (https://trident-golf.com/collections/putters/products/trident-golf-putter-1), they state that the removed all logos from the shaft and grip so as to allow the golfer to focus on the sight line for alignment.

IMG_8518.JPG

IMG_8520.JPG

Putting with it today I was truly impressed with my touch and feel on my lag putts. I've only used it now a handful of time and today I had some may long (30ish feet putts) end up being just tap ins. I am shocked how quickly I have gotten used to the feel using it. The ball really jumps off the face and stays on line so well.

IMG_8519.JPG

Here is a great up close picture of the CNC milled face. Very classic shape and looks great to the eye.

IMG_8521.JPG

IMG_8522.JPG

I wanted to provide y'all two photos showing the white sight line. Very simple and love the white contrast with the black. Truly helps me focus on my alignment on a nice sunny day.

IMG_8523.JPG

Like most putters, it comes with a nice headcover. The headcover uses magnets, not velcro to close. My only complaint is that the magnets are pretty strong and it can make it a little difficult sliding the putter into the headcover. My guess is over time, the headcover will loosen up a bit and make sliding the putter head in a little easier.

Overall, I'd highly recommend giving this putter a chance. It's price is $189.99. I'm really looking forward to playing with it more and updating y'all on my thoughts. Please let me know if you have any questions. Also, if any of y'all have used a Trident putter before, please share your thoughts below!

If interested, check out Trident Golf (@tridentgolf) on Instagram!

Any other Trident users?

My Dad was using this putter a few days ago and is in love with it. He normally games a Odyssey with a white hot insert. He likes this Trident putter and the milled face because he says it feels so much more solid and he feels like he can swing harder when he hits putts. He’s making more mid range putts as well. Dropped two eight footers.

I’m visiting my parents for the holidays. Played a round today. My overall game wasn’t great but my putting with the Trident putter was fantastic. 27 putts overall and sank a 35ish footer with it. Great day on the greens!

Back