Rickie’s Swing: Anyone flatter on the PGA Tour

In my mind, flat is synonymous with "laid off" and that's what Fowler seems to do up top to me.
Agreed.. Fowler is very laid off at the top. Sergio is pretty standard at the top and he turns and the club falls behind him. It's unnatural. I was in awe of it at first and now I dislike it after trying to imitate it so long and failing.. 🤣

Agreed.. Fowler is very laid off at the top. Sergio is pretty standard at the top and he turns and the club falls behind him. It's unnatural. I was in awe of it at first and now I dislike it after trying to imitate it so long and failing.. 🤣
Man, those are two tough ones to try to replicate, indeed.
I love the very pure early Butch era Tiger swing so much. Just put it on repeat over and over, please.

I have a slight tendency to get more vertical at the top rather than more shallow; I'm talking about a very subtle amount of movement. Still, reversing that action so that I shallow out, even just a touch, makes for much better ball striking.

I tried to accomplish that by exaggerating the move and really laying the club off up top, and boy did I hit some doozies with that! lol

I have a slight tendency to get more vertical at the top rather than more shallow; I'm talking about a very subtle amount of movement. Still, reversing that action so that I shallow out, even just a touch, makes for much better ball striking.

I tried to accomplish that by exaggerating the move and really laying the club off up top, and boy did I hit some doozies with that! lol

Completely agree about great ball strikes when flat. The magic happens for me when I’m flat on backswing and following it through that path on downswing coupled with keeping my lead foot (front) planted. I have the tendency to move it too much causing all kinds of issues.

Completely agree about great ball strikes when flat. The magic happens for me when I’m flat on backswing and following it through that path on downswing coupled with keeping my lead foot (front) planted. I have the tendency to move it too much causing all kinds of issues.
Been using the idea of keeping it flatter at address with my driver. I hold my angles better when I key on this for some reason? I guess clearing left and not fearing the hook. I keep coming back to Kooch and his fade machine flatso swing. Still boggles at his height.

Back