Rickie Fowler needs equipment change

scott.french3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
His copper blades with ultra thin top line and zero offset need to go. :) Clearly not good enough to play blades given his struggles. He would be better off with players cavity backs with more offset. Just a thought! lol

I agree with this. I think the little bit of added forgiveness could help a little on those slight mishits and help give him a little more confidence.

I would love for him to show up with some Cobra T-Rails tomorrow.

He has played with that stuff his entire career.. I think he needs a head change not a club change.

The top guys are introducing more forgiving clubs in the top end of their iron sets with utility irons, hybrids and 7 woods. They recognize the increased forgiveness on the long shots has benefit. The smart ones are looking for any edge that will help them score lower.

Has he still got the MMT shafts in them? I liked the move to graphite for him. Especially the par that he says dispersion tightened up.

He has played with that stuff his entire career.. I think he needs a head change not a club change.

He's played with that his whole career too! :p

I’m not sure the swing changes and new coach are working out. You can only get bucked off a horse so many times till you make a change.

Has nothing to do with the equipment, especially his irons.

The drive on 4 was straight OB.
What in the world happened on 14 lol

Every other bogey was putting related.

Rickie needs an exorcism.

I can agree that he needs to get his head back in the game but when you fall to the 65th best at something in the world it’s really not terrible.

Couldn’t agree more. Those are hands down the most difficult irons to hit on tour

Faldo throwing some shade on Fowler recently:

"Good news is if he misses the Masters he can shoot another six commercials that week!" Faldo said on Twitter on Tuesday.

While might seem harsh there is a certain amount of truth to it.

Rickie is in the post wedding slump. These guys all seem to struggle the first year they are married. It's like it's distracting or something LOL!

Rickie is in the post wedding slump. These guys all seem to struggle the first year they are married. It's like it's distracting or something LOL!
She'll distract anybody. Rickie definitely is a Major winner in the tour WAG category. DJ might have the the title wrapped up but this is a close 2nd.

Faldo throwing some shade on Fowler recently:

"Good news is if he misses the Masters he can shoot another six commercials that week!" Faldo said on Twitter on Tuesday.

While might seem harsh there is a certain amount of truth to it.
I commented on that in another thread. Totally classless cheap shot by Faldo, but I’d expect no less from him. He’s a tool.

To think about it from another angle, Rickie is no dummy. His golf isn’t making him any money right now, so he’d better be good to/for his sponsors. The money from them is what’s paying the bills.

I read that his sponsor obligations take up around 30 days a year - that’s a little over two days a month on average, not enough to be what’s holding his golf back.

Time for another anonymous poll for “most overrated” seemed to work last time. 🤔
1614910380870.jpeg

Listening to the Paulson and Paulsen on PGA Tour radio, they just said that Rickie is switching irons from the RF whatever he had been playing to the Forged Tec cavity backs and continuing with the MMTs. Isn't this old news?

Listening to the Paulson and Paulsen on PGA Tour radio, they just said that Rickie is switching irons from the RF whatever he had been playing to the Forged Tec cavity backs and continuing with the MMTs. Isn't this old news?
Yes. He switched irons a bit ago.

He's got his head twisted around his hot track star wife. Can't say I blame him for losing focus on golf.

Looking forward to seeing Rickies new King forged small cavity backs. Could they be a modified version of the Cobra King MIM tour irons.

Rickie Fowler has shuffled up his bag in a pretty significant way over the past couple of events. At the Players, Fowler changed irons, going from his RF Rev 33 prototype blades to Cobra’s King Forged CBs in his 5-iron through pitching wedge, in addition to using the company’s AMP Cell Pro CB 4-iron and a Cobra King F9 4-iron more as a utility iron. According to Cobra, Fowler felt the irons, which had more offset, would help him with his start line.

From Golf's Digest

Seems that those RF Blades were a bit much for anyone!

Back