Rickie Using LAGP Putter Shaft

just saw that too and thought it was really interesting. he's always striked me as a fantastic putter. seeing him tinker makes me raise an eyebrow.

just saw that too and thought it was really interesting. he's always striked me as a fantastic putter. seeing him tinker makes me raise an eyebrow.
Did you watch him yesterday?

...it was bad. And this is a completely different putter than yesterday too. He had that white dot a La tiger woods red dot scotty.

Did you watch him yesterday?

...it was bad. And this is a completely different putter than yesterday too. He had that white dot a La tiger woods red dot scotty.
I wonder if he'd been working this one into play, and decided to not yet put it into a competitive round before yesterday -- And having low success with low expectations for today, went all in on the new setup?

I think you are going to see more and more golfers work with putter shafts over the next couple of years.

Don't know which is better there as far as advertising what Rickie plays. The LAGP on the shaft, the "Scotty Cameron" on the putter head, or the TM ball. All are visible and clearly identifiable.

I know @Shafted can't discuss much on this, but I would love his insight into the shaft.

I know @Shafted can't discuss much on this, but I would love his insight into the shaft.
Same. As someone ready to go full dive on graphite, I'm eager to see implementation from more golfers.

Interesting to see more guys on tour experimenting with graphite in the putter.

I wonder if he'd been working this one into play, and decided to not yet put it into a competitive round before yesterday -- And having low success with low expectations for today, went all in on the new setup?
That easily could be. Not as much to lose when you're already +5 and 10 shots back to start the day.

Definitely a smart place to put it. Have never thought about a graphite shaft for the putter until now.

Good catch, I didn't notice that. I so wish Rickie would get over the hump. He doesn't seem to be performing very well with the new ball he helped create.

I would probably have one of these if they weren't 280. I understand the amount due to how much driver shafts can also go for, but I don't spend full price on those either.

Man, there is a lot going on there.

I think you are going to see more and more golfers work with putter shafts over the next couple of years.

I think the shift in mentality toward composite/graphite shafts as a whole is changing. Which is a good thing, with greater buy in economics should say the prices will go down and barriers to entry should be less.

Marketing genius there. The white shaft gives the ability to see the advertised name so clearly. Then you have the Scotty Cameron and Taylor Made new ball. Even if Rickie doesn't score well, as long as he makes the cut golfers will get a ton of that marketing on TV all weekend.

Really cool looking

Great advertising for sure.

Definitely a brilliant place to put the brand name

Both eyebrows raised here.

It is our new LA Golf TP-Z "One 35" putter shaft. Our thinking is that a putter shaft should be extremely stiff and excessively low torque. From a technical and performance standpoint, we can't imagine why anyone would want any movement between their hands and the putter head (ie. shaft deflection or twisting). But, you still need feel. Overly stiff, low torque products tend to feel very harsh and don't provide the feedback you need from impact. What we've done is made this shaft very, very, very stiff and low torque, but have a proprietary technology we incorporate in our laminate lay-up that gives the product tremendous feel. This proprietary design and material technology is already responsible for 7 PGA tour wins in putters.

Oly

It is our new LA Golf TP-Z "One 35" putter shaft. Our thinking is that a putter shaft should be extremely stiff and excessively low torque. From a technical and performance standpoint, we can't imagine why anyone would want any movement between their hands and the putter head (ie. shaft deflection or twisting). But, you still need feel. Overly stiff, low torque products tend to feel very harsh and don't provide the feedback you need from impact. What we've done is made this shaft very, very, very stiff and low torque, but have a proprietary technology we incorporate in our laminate lay-up that gives the product tremendous feel. This proprietary design and material technology is already responsible for 7 PGA tour wins in putters.

Oly

Interesting. And now you just made sure that I am going to hound you for one.

Oly

Feel.....tends to be sound more than anything to me in putting. How does this shaft support more or improved sound?

Thanks for your post to inform us!

Back