Rickie Using LAGP Putter Shaft

Feel.....tends to be sound more than anything to me in putting. How does this shaft support more or improved sound?

Thanks for your post to inform us!

It has to be a vibration thing. Typically composite shaft are much more able to dampen vibration. There has to be something there to allow more vibration while increasing stiffness. I am super curious now.....

I was just looking at their 180 gram putter shaft wonder how that would feel.

It is our new LA Golf TP-Z "One 35" putter shaft. Our thinking is that a putter shaft should be extremely stiff and excessively low torque. From a technical and performance standpoint, we can't imagine why anyone would want any movement between their hands and the putter head (ie. shaft deflection or twisting). But, you still need feel. Overly stiff, low torque products tend to feel very harsh and don't provide the feedback you need from impact. What we've done is made this shaft very, very, very stiff and low torque, but have a proprietary technology we incorporate in our laminate lay-up that gives the product tremendous feel. This proprietary design and material technology is already responsible for 7 PGA tour wins in putters.

Oly
How would this compare to a standard steel putter shaft? At least in regards to torque and stability? Is it a slight difference that can make a world of difference in the stroke? I know that putter shafts have been a trending topic with the Stability line, KBS CT shaft, Odyssey's Stroke Lab. It seems that multiple companies are recognizing the opportunity for improvement.

I guess, I have always thought of a short steel shaft attached to a putter head as something that isn't moving fast enough to see a lot of stress placed upon it. I am obviously mistaken. Really eager to hear more about what you guys have going on under the hood on this.

Anytime. Just remember, there are some people that even the best designs and technology in world cannot fix!! :LOL:

As a Bears fan you know this well :p

Feel.....tends to be sound more than anything to me in putting. How does this shaft support more or improved sound?

Thanks for your post to inform us!
You are correct, feel is related to sound as both the tactile sensation (feel) and the acoustic signature are due to vibration of the system following impact. Our technology helps to quickly decrease the amplitude of higher frequencies typical to very stiff shafts that give both a harsh feel and higher pitched auditory response, leaving the better/smoother feeling and deeper more pleasing sounding lower frequencies.

How would this compare to a standard steel putter shaft? At least in regards to torque and stability? Is it a slight difference that can make a world of difference in the stroke? I know that putter shafts have been a trending topic with the Stability line, KBS CT shaft, Odyssey's Stroke Lab. It seems that multiple companies are recognizing the opportunity for improvement.

I guess, I have always thought of a short steel shaft attached to a putter head as something that isn't moving fast enough to see a lot of stress placed upon it. I am obviously mistaken. Really eager to hear more about what you guys have going on under the hood on this.
There are a lot of different steel putter shafts, but generally this product is significantly stiffer than standard steel putter shafts. The problem with Stability and Stroke Lab is that they put a more flexible steel tip onto the end of a stiffer carbon section thus decreasing the stiffness of the overall system. A system is only as stiff as it's softest part.
Relative to woods and irons, the deflection seen in a putter shaft is pretty minimal, but it doesn't take much to pull/push a putt offline. A head misalignment of only 0.5 degrees over a 10 ft putt can change the balls path over an inch. More than enough to turn a make into a miss. Why have any torsional movement or deflection???

There are a lot of different steel putter shafts, but generally this product is significantly stiffer than standard steel putter shafts. The problem with Stability and Stroke Lab is that they put a more flexible steel tip onto the end of a stiffer carbon section thus decreasing the stiffness of the overall system. A system is only as stiff as it's softest part.
Relative to woods and irons, the deflection seen in a putter shaft is pretty minimal, but it doesn't take much to pull/push a putt offline. A head misalignment of only 0.5 degrees over a 10 ft putt can change the balls path over an inch. More than enough to turn a make into a miss. Why have any torsional movement or deflection???

Awesome stuff.

It seems at least one advantage of the stability design is the ability to put the shaft on any putter (double bend shafts etc.). I see you guys dont have a double bend shaft option...?

It seems at least one advantage of the stability design is the ability to put the shaft on any putter (double bend shafts etc.). I see you guys dont have a double bend shaft option...?
You are correct. And that is precisely the reason they have the steel tip section. Putting a bend, or multiple bends, into an all carbon fiber shaft is difficult, but certainly doable. Believe me it is on my 'to do' list!

Is Rickie’s LAGP shaft different than the one Kevin Na and Bryson DeChambeau use? If so, how does it differ and will it be available at retail? Thanks!

Is Rickie’s LAGP shaft different than the one Kevin Na and Bryson DeChambeau use? If so, how does it differ and will it be available at retail? Thanks!
Rickie's putter shaft is the same one that Kevin Na uses and has won twice with. Bryson's is a longer, heavier model with some performance tweaks done specially for him. All of them are built on the same super stiff, super low torque, outstanding feel technology platform.

Oly

I read a WITB article somewhere today about Rickie putting this in at the Honda and keeping it for this week. I have been keeping notes on carbon putter shafts and glad to see this.

You are correct. And that is precisely the reason they have the steel tip section. Putting a bend, or multiple bends, into an all carbon fiber shaft is difficult, but certainly doable. Believe me it is on my 'to do' list!

Now this intrigues me. Going to love to see how you that turns out. As you said, while difficult, manufacturing a carbon fiber shaft with acomplex bends is not impossible but does pose a lot of challenges. As one off hand crafted stuff, we've done something similar in the car racing world but nothing en mass or probably under tight enough tolerances. We did it just for sheathing and loose joint stuff so we didn't need it to be perfect.

I’m on full hard ponder for this putter shaft.

I’m on full hard ponder for this putter shaft.
You and me both. Especially after the article in the digital magazine.

I sort of want one :oops:

Looking like I’m just going to end up buying one of these to try. Been curious for a long time now. (y)

So so curious how these compare to the Tour Stability

You and me both. Would love to eventually track one down to try.

You have the stability putter shaft correct?

You have the stability putter shaft correct?
Reviewed the OG and have on a couple putters and also reviewed the Tour Stability, have 3 of those on putters. I’m a big believer in the new wave of putter shafts.

Reviewed the OG and have on a couple putters and also reviewed the Tour Stability, have 3 of those on putters. I’m a big believer in the new wave of putter shafts.

You still roll that patterson putter shaft at all?

You still roll that patterson putter shaft at all?
Nah, it’s effective and damn good performance wise, but the non grip and huge size is just too much for me.

Back