AK jr.

d2 college player
Reaction score
Handicap
anybody heard anything about it? i have seen a few on ebay because i am looking for a 2 bar hybrid and am having trouble finding one but that doesnt matter. jb has rife told you anything about this new imo putter? it looks pretty sweet and clean

I just emailed them now and will get some info for you.

This from Rife AK.

The new IMO Putter from Rife just started shipping to retail accounts last
week.

The price point is $149.00 and they also have an IMO Trainer (does not
conform to USGA) that is available at $89.00. The trainer is only meant to
be used before a round or while practicing...aesthetically it looks just
like the trainer but forces you to concentrate more on hitting the sweet
spot.

one has a black stripe about an inch or 2 wide on top and the other doesnt. im pretty sure the one with the black stripe is the actual putter, not the trainer. does the actual putter have the whole face grooved like the other rife putters? and not just the sweet spot like the trainer

They are sending pictures over right now.

ok thanks. i think it might actually be that you can get it with either all silver or with silver and then the black stripe on top. both still have the white line in the middle though for aiming. pictures of the face would be excellent. and the grip. im very interested to compare one of these in my hands to a 2 bar hybrid because i absolutely love the 2 bar and am about to put one in my bag but this may change that

This from Rife this morning.

IMO –
IMO, which stands for Inline Momentum is a center mass concept where we place at least 85% of the putter's head weight in the middle 40% of the club head. Because the IMO is shafted to be face balanced, the shaft is "inline" with the concentration of mass promoting an extremely stable, on-plane stroke path. Since virtually no golfers mis-hit a putt more than 5/8" to either side of center, 85% of the putter's mass is directed into and thru the ball. This momentum helps cure one of the major faults in putting…deceleration. By concentrating mass directly behind the ball we improve the putter heads ability to drive thru the ball at impact. We've given the putter more momentum, or inline momentum. As with all RIFE products the IMO putter will feature RIFE's patented Roll Groove TechnologyTM.

559248120_CU6bR-M.jpg

559248309_JUgw2-M.jpg

Not a bad looking putter at all. Kinda reminds me of the Two-Bar Mallet models but with a covered area where the two bars are.

jb could you as rife if that is the only color they are releasing right now?

I asked them today if there were other pictures with other colors and they said no. We will have one next week or so to review, so we will know for sure then.

thanks. i have seen some prototypes in all black and all silver and even a red one but those were just prototypes. all black would be sick.

this is kind of off topic jb, but would rife be able to make me a custom putter like custom weighted? heavier than what they come standard?

Here's one sure way:

lead_tape_roll_3_4_x_36_yds.jpg

this is kind of off topic jb, but would rife be able to make me a custom putter like custom weighted? heavier than what they come standard?

Most likely not. But you can call the company and see if you would like.

Back