Steve2100

Manifesting
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
real 18 hc

Not only a great coach but he played for the Minneapolis Lakers of the NBA, the Philadelphia Eagles of the NFL, and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL.

Wow, super sad as a longtime Vikings fan. He was a legend in Minnesota.

Sad to see. He was a legend here in Minnesota.

He would hold garage sales of all of his Viking memorabilia regularly.

Grew up a Bears fan but always thought he was a helluva coach!

Kevin O’Connell was still talking to Bud Grant almost weekly. His great football mind was still sharp.

1899F86B-5C9A-452D-8179-B8434B489E11.jpeg

the only coach to win both a Grey Cup and an NFL Championsip

he was supposed to be on a plane after the 1956 CFL All-Star Game in Vancouver - he decided to take a later flight. that original flight crashed into a mountain near here, killing all onboard

Last edited:
And Bud Grant played for the Minneapolis Lakers and was part of their 1950 championship team.
Went to 4 Superbowls but never won.

OG coach and legend right there. RIP Bud.

If you 're in Minnesota and talking football and someone says something about him, it's just by saying Bud. No need for a last name.
I don't think there is anyone from Minnesota that didn't love him. He was just a man's man. Very big into hunting and so on, and on, and on.
Most of his former players loved the guy. He was just as much a friend as he was as their coach. I never met him but it feels like I lost a friend.

Remember him a few years ago, in his late 80s going out for a coin toss in a short sleeve shirt in a -25 or so wind chill.

A fine coach and a fine man. RIP.

Back