100% and in-between all the scribbles he would be talking in almost incoherently and then BOOM that's how you run a post route
I think he was the prototype for Chris Berman, I saw some similarities in their styles.

Been so darn busy today just saw this on the news. RIP Madden!!!

RIP John….I grew up with John Madden and he was a true legend in the various aspects of football he was involved in.

Really one of the voices of my youth. In my early NY Giants fandom, they were good. Super Bowl titles in 86/87 and again in 90/91; with a whole lot of high profile NFC battles in between (Redskins and Niners especially), so it seemed to me that Madden and Summerall did EVERY one of their games. He made football fun.

That is a great loss. Excellent coach and broadcaster. RIP

ugh, another reminder of getting old. Sad to see him pass. He will be greatly missed.

Great coach, and as far as broadcasters for the NFL, he was absolutely the GOAT !

Very sad. An absolute icon. Coach Madden will certainly be missed.

What a legend. RIP

I will say that the last picture I saw of him, he looked nearly unrecognizable, poor guy.

Saw this on Twitter, great overview of his career.

Man, I was sad to see this!

Seemed like a good natured guy and hope he rests peacefully. That said, I am one of the rare people who hated watching a game he was broadcasting. I got tired of him doing replays and such and all he did was state the obvious to anyone with half a brain like he was revealing some deep secret of the play. Just annoyed me like he thought all viewers were idiots.

RIP John Madden

RIP John Madden. You and your legacy will be remembered.

Loved a lot of the commercials he did. Hated he beat my team in the only Super Bowl I went to in 1977.

Wow this is a surprise. So many Madden-isms!

John was to football what Don Cherry was to hockey - there will never be another one like him. Sadly just another reminder of how life works.

Back