sudseh

Hacker Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Handicap
Tito's
One of New Zealand's finest (in the 90s and early 2000s) rugby players passed away unexpectedly earlier today.
Highlight reel:
[video=youtube;-FkJ1Wp9iko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FkJ1Wp9iko[/video]

Heard about this yesterday. Sad day for the all blacks. I think I read somewhere he had a very rare kidney disease.

he was a monster, sad times for Rugby fans

Pretty sad. 40 yrs old.

He had only just returned home from the World Cup and from all reports those that saw him said he looked good and he mentioned he felt better than he had for a long while. He leaves behind a wife and 2 sons. A fierce competitor and always a gentleman.

Last edited:
He had a very humble beginning to his short life and never let his fame go to his head. He was truly an All Black and his legend will live on.

Extremely sad news. He was an awesome player when he was healthy. I still remember him running through several England players as though they weren't there during the 1995 RWC.

Very sad day not just for NZ but all round the world that knew of him. He was only 40yrs old and taken from the world far to soon. I never met him but would have loved to. I heard a story yesterday about him turning up to All Blacks training 10mins late one day and the coach went off at him and he got dropped for a game, he never said any thing and then quite a few years later the coach found out why he was late to training, he was at the Hospice with all the sick children thats the type of amazing gentle giant he was.
He will be sorely missed, RIP Jonah.

I never really followed Rugby Union but one player I admired for his play and toughness was Zinzan Brooke who was an absolute legend himself. So when he says "I count myself honoured and blessed to have know him and shared a changing room." of Lomu, I listen.

Back