RIP Marty Schottenheimer

Reframmellator

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has reported the death of the longtime NFL coach at 77. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2014 and was placed in hospice care earlier within the week. He notched 200 regular season wins in his career.

Dang. He was a great football coach!

He was a great coach. RIP

RIP to a big name in coaching.

Probably the best coach ever to not win the big game. Huge loss for the NFL organization. RIP

RIP Marty

Good ol Marty......big part of my Browns fandom. Very sad its because of Alzheimer's.

RIP Marty! Sad Alzheimer's is a thing!

RIP Marty. Losing lots of big names lately

I'm legit crying here.

Wow, so many great memories of Marty Schottenheimer led teams. Yeah, he never made it to the big dance, but he and that defense he built were responsible for making Arrowhead Stadium THE most difficult place to play in the NFL. After so many miserable seasons, he made me love Chiefs football again.

So many memories...

RIP Coach.

:cry:

Sad to hear.

Awful news. They did a great piece on him a couple years ago in Kansas City. A true legend.

Totally uncalled for. Marty won 200 NFL names. One of I believe 7 coaches to win 200 or more games. And that’s what someone chooses to allow to be printed.

Great coach with the Chiefs for many years, well respected and awesome guy.

Probably the best coach ever to not win the big game. Huge loss for the NFL organization. RIP

As a life long Browns fan, I thought to post some kind of derogatory remark. Then I thought better of it. The man battled, and died from, Alzheimer's disease! That's a curse I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy!

Wow, that’s just classless on the Posts part.

I agree. Which is why I reconsidered my original reaction to the OP. It would have been classless!

I'll relate something I heard a Cleveland radio sports talker say when the Brown were wallowing, not in mediocrity, but in desolation following the firing of Butch Davis in 2004. He said, something like, "Those of you who have listened to me know that I have no great love for Marty Schottenheimer. However, if the Browns were to hire him now, he would have them looking, and playing, like an honest to God professional football team in short order!"

A name I know because of history here with Browns! Rip

Absolutely and utterly classless by the WaPo, but then again I'd expect no less from that rag. What a scummy way to kick dirt on his grave.

RIP Marty, what a legend.

Marty was a great coach for some exciting Browns teams. He turned around 3 different franchises and made them consistent winners using his MartyBall style of play. RIP Coach!

Met him once. I asked him why he could not adjust to beat elway. He didnt like the question. We talked football and had a few laughs. The last thing we talked about was what would happen if the browns ever win a super bowl. This state would go apeshit crazy. RIP Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i did not know this .RIP Think he lives in the Lake Norman area north of Charlotte. Always wondered why the Panthers did not consult with him on offense.

Met him once. I asked him why he could not adjust to beat elway. He didnt like the question. We talked football and had a few laughs. The last thing we talked about was what would happen if the browns ever win a super bowl. This state would go apeshit crazy. RIP Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy Cow! Considering that over 1 Million showed up for the Cavs championship parade, there would be TWICE that for the Browns! They'd need a parade route about 20 miles long to accommodate all the people.

Back