bogeyme

The Golf GODS hate me
Reaction score
Handicap
High
Jimmy Crum passes away

Ok so most of you won't know who this guy is. He was the local sportscaster here in Columbus. He retired back in 1994. I think he is most remembered for his sport coats that he wore during the sportscasts. I got to meet him in the summer of 2000. I was working for a Saturn dealer here in Columbus. They were having a "Saturn Day at the Zoo". Anyone that owned a Saturn was invited. I had to work the booth but I also got to spend the day at the zoo. They were selling bears to sponsor Recreation Unlimited. It's a charity he and Jack Hannah both support. I had bought probably 6 of these bears from work prior to this day. Jimmy had just addressed the crowd that was in the eating area and walked off the stage. He was standing at the booth selling the bears so I walked over to him and asked him if I bought a bear if he would sign it. He said he would. So I bought one of his bears. There was a Jack and a Jimmy bear. He autographed the little tag. He seemed so old when he was on t.v. He was 80 years young when he passed away over night. He was looking forward to golfing this spring.

Jimmy, I hope you now have great weather year round. Thanks for everything you have done for the community. You will be missed.

Sorry to hear that Bogey. We had a similar case with a local sportscaster named Chris Thomas in Tampa. He was beloved by many and I grew up watching him on both TV and listening to his sports radio show. He passed a few years back and is missed by many.

Back