RIP President H.W Bush

Michigan Slice

This Guy Cant dance...
Reaction score
Handicap
Sad to see him go.
War hero, rest well President Bush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad. I had a barn fire this year and lost everything in it. The one item that I couldn't replace was a hand signed letter from HW from 1993 or so.

RIP

An amazing man and a life well lived.

RIP. His WWII survival story is amazing, with him narrowly avoiding being captured by some Japanese soldiers who engaged in canabalism.

RIP

RIP, Mr. President

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Phew. One of the original good guys. He will be missed as one of the first presidents I encountered other than Reagan. Rip sir.

A great man and a staple of Houston Texas.

I met him in 1983 after the Beirut Bombing when he came over there as VP. Great man, extraordinary life. RIP

RIP Sir!

This one makes me really sad. You may not like the politics, but his story is incredible, and all he and the First Lady did after his time in office was to give back.

Rest in peace sir. A great man he was.

Was there with you Tony B. But did not get a chance to meet him until a few years later at NAS Pensacola when he was there for a visit. RIP Mr. President. Thank you for your service.

JM

I had an Infantry Platoon in one of the very first units to arrive in Saudi post-Saddam invasion of Kuwait - and went through the entire ground war with them. I respected GHWB because he did what he said he was going to do. We ejected them from Kuwait, and then, although we could have obliterated Hussein and the Iraqi forces, we packed up and came home. I didn't like it - because we were there and Hussein had it coming. But at the time, much of the world expected us to take over the oil fields and never leave. The President did exactly what he said he would do. That was pretty much who he was and you have to respect that as it's a pretty rare trait in a politician. Politics aside, the Bushes are one of the great American political families in our history and I am sure they are mourning the loss of their patriarch today.

I was able to visit his library in College Station. I read his book years ago, and have always had a great respect for him, and it was only deepened by visiting his library.

Amazing man who accomplished so much, and never sacrificed who he was. He will be missed.

A genuine life of public service, in war and in office. His forte' was foreign policy and he was good at bringing countries together for a coalition. His weakness was expressing his humanity, decency and domestic policy in public - he had it, just could not express it or was uncomfortable talking about it - very empathetic and human -- great guy, more competitive than he showed.

Last edited:
So saddened to hear of this. I was at a supplier golf outing, I think it was 1995, at the Cape Arundel Golf Club in Kennebunkport when he arrived with his Secret Service entourage. He certainly didn’t have to, but he came out on the porch and shook hands. I was struck by his grace, kind expression, and enormous hands. We’re about the same height and mine seemed to disappear when we shook hands. He could be a ruthless campaigner, but he also knew how to turn that off at the end of the day and treat his opponents with courtesy and respect. Nobody’s perfect, but we could use a lot more of his kind today.

RIP, sir.

RIP, President Bush.

Now, we'll never know who killed JFK. He was likely the last living person who knew.

There is a lot of golf history in the Bush family, including his grandfather George Herbert Walker who was president of the USGA and created the Walker Cup. I think that he could have been a great THPer as well. RIP and many more fast rounds of golf in the afterlife.

Rest in peace. I may not have always agreed with his politics but I always respected the man.

He was a man of character and was trust worthy and fair. He put family over everything. He didn’t want to consider his legacy. He’d leave that to others. He made it about the country and those of us who live here.
Isn’t that refreshing in the country we live in today. next time I vote I’m picking the gentleman or gentle-woman.

Back