RIP TK Mattingly most of you knew him as Ken

JW Smoove

Waffles, always waffles
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
🧇
From Apollo 13. I worked with him for 2 years he was not only a good person, but as seen in the movie a genuine American hero. Not only an astronaut also A US Navy Rear Admiral. And a test pilot as well.

He circled the moon as command module pilot on Apollo 16 and later flew the space shuttle twice. I believe he piloted the test of the shuttle way back when it was launched of tut back of a 747, too see if it could fly and actually safely land. That shuttle is in the UdvarHazy location of air and space museum.

But he's best known for the mission he didn't get to fly: the ill-fated Apollo 13.

Godspeed TK.

From Apollo 13. I worked with him for 2 years he was not only a good person, but as seen in the movie a genuine American hero. Not only an astronaut also A US Navy Rear Admiral. And a test pilot as well.

He circled the moon as command module pilot on Apollo 16 and later flew the space shuttle twice. I believe he piloted the test of the shuttle way back when it was launched of tut back of a 747, too see if it could fly and actually safely land. That shuttle is in the UdvarHazy location of air and space museum.

But he's best known for the mission he didn't get to fly: the ill-fated Apollo 13.

Godspeed TK.
I hate hearing about these guys passing. I’m a space race and program nut. Those guys were special.

I hate hearing about these guys passing. I’m a space race and program nut. Those guys were special.
Honestly I've worked with many 1 to 4 star from all the branches, only one was as nice, friendly, funny and kind as TK, rough week for me a kind friend/co worker and a childhood idol.

Sorry for the loss of an American hero and your friend. RIP.

Honestly I've worked with many 1 to 4 star from all the branches, only one was as nice, friendly, funny and kind as TK, rough week for me a kind friend/co worker and a childhood idol.
Those guys - from Mercury, Gemini and Apollo, especially - are bigger than life for me. I’m reading Rocket Men currently. Good book.

Those guys - from Mercury, Gemini and Apollo, especially - are bigger than life for me. I’m reading Rocket Men currently. Good book.
I'll have too take a look.

I just noticed that season 4 of “For All Mankind” starts next Friday.

Honor the time you got to spend with him and celebrate his life! Till Valhalla sir, we’ve got the watch.

RIP to an American hero, sorry to hear of his passing.

As a kid overhere in the UK i watched the Apollo missions with interest when i got a pc i read and read about it and all the previous projects

Awesome people all of them , i went to NASA in in Florida years ago seeing the Saturn rocket i was speechless

RIP Sir 🇺🇸

Those space program astronauts were just a different type. The perfect mixture of balls, brains, and motivation. RIP

Sorry to hear of his passing. He was an example of the best of America.

RIP.

Godspeed TK.

Was fortunate to have seen flight 13 from 30,000 feet. A spectacular view.

And now TKs friend Frank Borman. Apollo 8 commander.

Back