RoadtoproJF

Reaction score
Afternoon guys,

I’m new here, let me tell you a bit about me -

Time to start a journey and a dream I believe I can achieve. I’ve just turned 28, I play off 13.8 and have always just played casual golf. The problem with that is I’ve always known with the right coach and the passion I have for improvement - I can one day call myself a golf professional and the doors that may open.

Now this isn’t a simple challenge, I’m 28, no longer considered young! I didn’t start hitting balls at 5, I’ve played three years. I also have a full time job in the emergency services and a partner/house to look after.

These are minor obstacles however, people have achieved far greater than this in life. I’ve set myself the ambitious goal of by 30 playing off close to scratch - that’s 14 shots to take off in two years. I then plan to set the bar to the next level.

If this is something you want to follow, then follow this account which will document my journey but mainly give me a good tool to look back on to monitor progress.

He doesn’t quite know it yet but @joe_the_pro_golf is going to be the man to help guide me. I’ve looked at several coaches and Joe seemed to get what I wanted more than any.

I might not get where I want to get to but I’ll give it the best shot I’ve got. Here’s to a long road and some hard work.

I would really appreciate a follow on Instagram - @RoadtoproJF - I’ll follow back.
I would also appreciate opinions on the goal, I know there will be lots of doubters, of course - if it was that simple, everyone would do it, we all love golf right?

Welcome to :thp:

Good luck on your journey

Thanks Mike.

To add to this, I realise lots will have come through this forum with dreams and lofty goals and miserably failed. Does that mean that it isn’t possible? Of course not.
Other opinions are welcome however :)

Welcome to THP, and good luck hitting your goals!

:welcome: and get out there and live your dream! Even if you don't attain your goals, you will still be richer for the experience! :)

Welcome and good luck!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

welcome and enjoy the journey

Welcome aboard! Enjoy the adventure!

I went from a 90’s golfer to a + in a season. I was 18 though.

If you can put in the time, it’s possible. I played 40+ hours a week that summer.

Welcome to THP and good luck!

:welcome:

Here's wishing you well on you're journey.

Welcome to THP and good luck on your journey.

Welcome to THP!!! Look forward to following along with your journey! Make it yours!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP!!

welcome! there's another user around here who posted a similar goal. something like he was going to hit 1,000 balls a day and wanted to be scratch in like 6 months. i (and others) were obviously well-wishers but also cautioned to keep goals realistic. the guy reported back and i think he accomplished his goal, which is nuts.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Back