Robinhood golf balls

worst_shot_ever

I leave big divots
Reaction score
So I found one of these in my bag the other day, meaning I must have picked it up on the course during a recent round:

83c0_1.JPG

Mine is yellow. But I noticed it because it looked slightly smaller in diameter when held next to a regulation ball, and I gathered that "Robinhood" suggested it's designed to win money from the rich (who I suppose would be playing with regulation balls). Anyway, other sources on the web suggest these were produced back in the 70s and maybe 80s. This one is in mint condition, so it can't have been out in the grass all these years. I suppose someone still has them in decent condition and still plays with them on occassion? Or else they're still being made? Any information from you long-term golfers? I'll take a picture and post it if you're interested in seeing mine.

I had never heard of these, but a quick search brought me to http://www.antiquegolfconnection.com/balls/balls.html where these sell for $9 for three of them.

Haha.....he had best go back and start searching for two more then.......and hopefully the bopx is around somewhere too!!!

i saw a modern version of these somewhere recently, cant remember the name...but they were smaller in diameter and banned by the usga

I think the name Robinhood simply means they will spend most of their lives in the woods like their namesake.

speaking of OLD golfballs that were found on the course, several months ago i found an old REXTAR golf ball at Pasadena County Club. i did some research on them and found that Greg Norman used to use them back in the 80's and they would spin like crazy. it was in VERY good condition too.

image.jpgOld thread bump 😂😂 forgot I had this in my golf bag. Can’t remember where I found it

Back