Rocketbladz vs Rocketbladz Max

BigTex

Reaction score
Handicap
My daughter just went through a growth spurt, and I need to either lengthen her Burner irons or invest in a new set with a men's senior shaft in them. She is wanting me to get her a set of Rocketbladz after hitting them at PGA Superstore. Not sure if I want to do that since she really only needs a 7 - gap wedge. Also for whatever reason she has a mental block with her 7 iron, and I was thinking of using a hybrid or Rocketballz Max for that iron. Her favorite club in the bag is her Burner 6 hybrid, and generally hits hybrids and fairway woods better than anything else. I thought the Max for that one club might be a good transition, especially since Taylormade or no one seems to make a 7 hybrid. The Max is not available for a couple of more weeks, but will probably be similar to the Rocketballz Max, so have to wait to let her hit it. Anyone done a mix set like that or see much difference in ball flight or forgiveness?

I've not done that, but I have to say it's a pretty good idea. Cleveland has something very similar going on with their new 588 line where you can get hybrid-irons as high up as you'd like to go.

Looks like this may be an option for her. Went to PGA and they had just received the Rocketbladz Max. Side by side comparison with the standard Rocketbladz 7 and 8 iron, about a 4 degree higher launch angle with the Max and about 4 yards more carry. Not much difference with the higher lofted clubs.

Have you looked into Adams? They have some great transition irons

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Have you looked into Adams? They have some great transition irons

She is a big Taylormade fan, and really only brand she will consider unfortunately. The only non Taylormade clubs in her bag are her SeeMore putter and a Tour Edge 5 wood.

I like it, and very interesting mix to say the least. She's got a good dad who is doing this for her!!

I like it, and very interesting mix to say the least. She's got a good dad who is doing this for her!!

Oh, believe me, its gonna cost her! Lol Just gotta figure out the best way to do it from a cost and timing perspective. Might be May before I can get the Max clubs without getting a whole set. Spring tournament season will be over by then. Need to get Scott to check with TM and see if we can get it earlier.

She is a big Taylormade fan, and really only brand she will consider unfortunately. The only non Taylormade clubs in her bag are her SeeMore putter and a Tour Edge 5 wood.

Just let her know that adams is now part of TM

Just let her know that adams is now part of TM

I tried that, even told her the slot technology she likes in the Rocketbladz was actually invented by Adams. But she wasn't hearing it.

I tried that, even told her the slot technology she likes in the Rocketbladz was actually invented by Adams. But she wasn't hearing it.

Fair enough. Maybe one day she's in a simulator you bring her some Adams v4 irons to try. Maybe she will get better numbers

Back