Rogue irons / New Apex

Shep

Reaction score
Handicap
8-16
Second time I hit the Rogue iron and first time with Rogue Pro. Both felt decent but the Pro gets my vote hands down . Have to qualify comment in that this was done inside . Interested in the Pro but $1000 for a non forged iron sure doesn’t have me pulling out the credit card.
Fwiw, I heard the new Apex coming out this year will be another winner in Apex line. That iron ,assuming still forged, could separate me from a grand.

Interesting that a forged will determine your purchase over a cast club loaded with tech. It all comes down to personal taste though.

Interesting that a forged will determine your purchase over a cast club loaded with tech. It all comes down to personal taste though.

agreed. personally, i used to feel the same way because i believed that forge was inherently better. being around thp long enough, i realized i couldn't articulate why it was better. now it's just performance, feel and confidence. if those are there, it can be made out of jello and i'd still game it.

agreed. personally, i used to feel the same way because i believed that forge was inherently better. being around thp long enough, i realized i couldn't articulate why it was better. now it's just performance, feel and confidence. if those are there, it can be made out of jello and i'd still game it.

I tend to agree as well, however I still have not hit a cast club that feels like a forged one (i.e. AP3 v AP2) and for me its all about feel. Granted I haven't hit more than few balls with the new Rogue irons but the definitely do not feel as good as my Apex Pro 14' so I can understand where the OP is coming from.

That would have been me until I saw and hit the new AP3. I know others have commented on the sound, but I hit my friends AP3 4 iron a half a dozen times last weekend and the sound was not that far off from my forged Apex's. I still believe from a price perspective that cast clubs (even loaded with tech) should be priced below forged, but from the OEM's point of view I understand. Further I am buying the AP3 so there that :D

I tend to agree as well, however I still have not hit a cast club that feels like a forged one (i.e. AP3 v AP2) and for me its all about feel. Granted I haven't hit more than few balls with the new Rogue irons but the definitely do not feel as good as my Apex Pro 14' so I can understand where the OP is coming from.

i don't disagree. the closest i have come to a great-feeling forged club were some of the first ping s series. i thought those felt fantastic and i'm pretty sure they were cast. my point above is that if it feels good but it's cast, i don't care as long as it checks my boxes. over the years i just don't see any benefit to a forged vs cast club assuming all the boxes are checked.

i don't disagree. the closest i have come to a great-feeling forged club were some of the first ping s series. i thought those felt fantastic and i'm pretty sure they were forged. my point above is that if it feels good but it's cast, i don't care as long as it checks my boxes. over the years i just don't see any benefit to a forged vs cast club assuming all the boxes are checked.

We can agree on that I really don’t care about cast v forged I just want the feel that I have become accustomed to.

Back