I've got three Google Wifi Mesh routers. They are a breeze to set up and have worked flawlessly for 2+ years. They have tons of control features that I don't use, but if i had kids would be great. And easily cover my 1/2 acre lot.

Google Wifi Router paired with an ARRIS Surfboard Modem. Zero complaints and I like how I can pair multiple google wifi routers to form a mesh network throughout the property.

I have an Orbi setup. The main router is in my basement and have two satellites throughout. One in the bedroom area and one in the living room.

Generally the same for me, recently replaced the Suddenlink trash with a Netgear wired router and am using it with orbi to broadcast all over house. Main hub is up stairs with 2 satellites at far corners opposite each other.

We stream all our TV and have too many devices and works pretty good for us. Now if Suddenlink would just work like it's supposed to consistently I would have no complaints!

Just picked up a Nighthawk R6900 really like this thing, incredibly fast, plenty of devices @30 connections.

Get a mesh network. I am using a Deco system an its flawless.

I have an Orbi home system, but I'm thinking of adding a NightHawk just for my boys Gaming systems.

I've been using TP-link equipment for wireless with good success. If you're cable internet make sure your cable modem is up to supporting the speed you are paying for comcast (xfinity) has a habit of upselling speed but not upgrading cable modems to take advantage.

I really really recommend mesh, and Uqiuti’s mesh setups.
Easy. Reliable. And just plain decently priced.

I have the Xfinity wireless router that covers the upstairs and then connected to a downstairs D-Link Xtreme N® Duo Wireless Bridge via Powerline adapter.
I have 2 laptops, 2 iphones, 2 tablets and 3 smart tv's and an Xbox one that all run flawlessly on this setup in my 3600 sq. ft. house.

Everything now is UniFi. It's been the most reliable stuff I've ever owned and it's easy to manage.
Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 6.56.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-13 at 6.57.14 PM.png

Getting ready to upgrade to a mesh network as the WiFi coverage upstairs is spotty at best, so looks like we are getting with the hip kids in here and rolling this out. Will take folks suggestions in here and look at the new options on the systems.

mesh networks look sweet. More expensive than a lot of other options though.

Really worth?
Depends on the size of the house honestly. They’re an easy setup, and they provide great coverage.

I have a general gigabyte netgear router on main floor with a switch hard wired in the basement connected to the router.

I have been highly contemplating a mesh network system like Orbi.

Biggest mistake I made when building my house back in 2001 was not having a hard wired Ethernet system in every room. Wireless is just not the same.

Mesh options do look like a good option. I ran ethernet cable to the other side of the house and use a 2nd router as an access point. The handoff between them works well with our devices. Simple. Covers a large house and yard. Old school but does the same thing. I also like having the ethernet connection between them vs. continuously extending wifi.

We have a Netgear router hooked up to an Orbi and one satellite and it's worked really well. I just moved the satellite to a new spot in the house and you could immediately tell the difference.

We have had eero for like 6 years and love it. There are plenty of similar options that can be had for a good deal and eero runs plenty of sales.

I have a general gigabyte netgear router on main floor with a switch hard wired in the basement connected to the router.

I have been highly contemplating a mesh network system like Orbi.

Biggest mistake I made when building my house back in 2001 was not having a hard wired Ethernet system in every room. Wireless is just not the same.
I have nearly 2 miles of Cat 6E ran in my house - all done by myself last year before insulation and drywall went up. It’s been the best thing I did because it’s allowed me to run anything I need - I even had a bad HDMI cable in 2.5” flexible tubing that got kinked. I could not get a new cable through so I used a HDMI to Ethernet conveyer they worked perfectly.
90C89C02-1BE9-4303-AA4D-98339BA4987F.jpeg73D4C06C-9A09-4B63-9EEE-D226ACEC47B8.jpeg47443166-0BCC-4393-8E64-9B88B82465F1.jpegBBADF444-00A1-4F86-928E-96BDB3819F2B.jpeg

I have nearly 2 miles of Cat 6E ran in my house - all done by myself last year before insulation and drywall went up. It’s been the best thing I did because it’s allowed me to run anything I need - I even had a bad HDMI cable in 2.5” flexible tubing that got kinked. I could not get a new cable through so I used a HDMI to Ethernet conveyer they worked perfectly.
View attachment 8922402View attachment 8922403View attachment 8922404View attachment 8922405
Best setup I have ever seen. Well done

I have a nighthawk. I think depending on your speed, it’s worth to splurge close to $200 on a quality router that can handle the load.

mesh networks look sweet. More expensive than a lot of other options though.

Really worth?
My problem isn’t so much the size of the house, it’s the 55+ networks within range of my home.

The amount of interference is crazy, I’m hoping by going mesh it alleviates at least some of that by proximity to the different nodes. Smarter folks here may be able to tell me if I’m too far off base, but it sounds great in my head.

Best setup I have ever seen. Well done
Thanks. It was a lot of planning. I do process controls automation for a living so this was easy for me. Now running 2 miles of cat 6E in 100+ deg heat and 90% humidity sucked.

My builder had seen nothing like it and asked if I considered going in business to just do residential stuff. It doesn’t pay enough.

My problem isn’t so much the size of the house, it’s the 55+ networks within range of my home.

The amount of interference is crazy, I’m hoping by going mesh it alleviates at least some of that by proximity to the different nodes. Smarter folks here may be able to tell me if I’m too far off base, but it sounds great in my head.
almost like a blanket to block out all the other stuff eh?

Interesting.

Back