Ruffled Feathers, Lemont, IL

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm heading into the land of flat heads on Saturday to play this Pete Dye and Son design with my daughter. $95.00 for me, and she's free because she's a junior. Practice round for an October event she's going to play. We're going to play the same tees at about 6,050. The ways she's been playing, she'll probably beat me.

Kevin

I got a 5 spot on Gracie. Have fun old timer and don't ease up on her, make her earn it!

Sounds like lots of fun. Enjoy

thats awesome Esox.... i wish i played more golf with my dad when i was younger. now hes just not able to play although id take him out in a heartbeat if he could. Enjoy your time together! and let us know how she makes out!

Have fun. It will be a time she won't forget. I still remember all the times as a kid I played with my dad and I really appreciate the time we spend together these days on the course even more.

I haven't played Ruffled recently but my Dad played a tourny there in July and said it was tough. Wasn't sure if it wasnt feeling it that day though. He did enjoy the course even though the bad round.

Let us know what you think. For the price since she is free, it is a deal. Paying around like that for one person, a little steep and other places to consider, ie Cantingy.

Sent from my GtabComb using Tapatalk 2

I know you enjoy golf with your daughter and on a new track, have fun

Have fun. It will be a time she won't forget. I still remember all the times as a kid I played with my dad and I really appreciate the time we spend together these days on the course even more.

I haven't played Ruffled recently but my Dad played a tourny there in July and said it was tough. Wasn't sure if it wasnt feeling it that day though. He did enjoy the course even though the bad round.

Let us know what you think. For the price since she is free, it is a deal. Paying around like that for one person, a little steep and other places to consider, ie Cantingy.

Sent from my GtabComb using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, reviews I've read say the price is high for conditions that are sometimes not top notch. But two for one that comes out at $47.50 seems good to me for a Pete Dye course. Sounds like the greens are fast and contoured, and lots of trees. If the fairways are tree lined, Gracie generally shines. She pounds her driver right down the middle. I should probably bring a chain saw.

Kevin

You should have given me warning I woulda made the trip and joined you guys!

Came out of the blue, dude. Wife's idea after Gracie decided she wanted to play those year end events Wednesday night. I feel like a dumba**. Tee time is not until 1:30. I could call 'em right now and see if they can add another player.

Kevin

Leaving Cheeseland for this round in about an hour. Pretty excited to get her down there. I had a little trouble sleeping last night.

Kevin

Can't wait to hear all about it I'm sure its going be a blast! Im sure being able to play with your daughter is a huge blessing.

If I didn't have to ref a hockey game at 2 I would've also joined. A course I've wanted to play for a while, just haven't taken the time to go down there when I have so many courses right by my house.

Dan

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung galaxy s3

JRod, my golf bud just informed me we need a 4th. If your interested, pm me. Be nice to finally meet a fellow THPer. Invitation open to other THPer also if interested.

Esox, I can't blame you for taking that deal. I would too if my kid was old enough.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Had fun. Interesting place. We took some pictures, and I need to find some time to write something up in the next day or so. It felt so darn good to play a round of golf on a beautiful Midwestern day. Nice and cool.

Kevin

Had fun. Interesting place. We took some pictures, and I need to find some time to write something up in the next day or so. It felt so darn good to play a round of golf on a beautiful Midwestern day. Nice and cool.

Kevin

Spill it old man, did she whoop you or do you still have some tricks up those moisture wicking sleeves of yours?

I am betting Gracie whopped up on him :D

Cant wait to see the pics and hear all about it!

Nah, we played from just over 6,000 yards. She was playing golf swing, doing some planning/experimenting for the tournament, and struggled a bit. There are a few risk/reward holes and she went for the risk every time so in five weeks she knows what it takes to make those shots. She had maybe 82 or 83, but wasn't keeping score seriously.

I shot 39-36. Even missed three short putts. I hit the ball better than I have in two months.

Kevin

Good stuff buddy! That experience will be huge for her in a few weeks. Plus you'll remember those well struck shots you had while watching her from some far off hill.

Glad to hear it went well Kev, if you guys ever head that way again let me know. I'm always willing to drive two hours to play a nice course with a THPer.

Just saw this thread. I have played Ruffled tons of times. It is overpriced, but because you essentially got it at $50 a person, I would consider that a value (despite the weirdness of the staff). I bet it was a blast to play there with Gracie.

Also cracks me up that the 195 yard par 3 is considered one of the shorter par 3's on the course. Haha.

Heading back to the land of Bear, Bull, Cub, and Sock in about an hour. Gracie set to take on the course of the Ruffled Feathers over the nest two days in an MAJGT event. Four other young lady Cheeseheads are in the field. Girls she knows well. She should have a great time. I'm looking forward to everything IL such as Italian Beef and a stop at the Downer's Grove PGA Superstore tonight. I am not looking forward to walking this resort style course as a husky spectator. There is considerable distance between some of the holes.

But I can take it.

Kevin

Look up White Fence Farm. Awesome fried chicken and corn fritters. Not too far from Downers Grove

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Oh and good luck to Gracie!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Back