Rules Genie for day - what change would you make?

JayB

Reaction score
Handicap
Tons and tons of rules discussion on the forum about what is liked / disliked. I'll pose the question a bit differently.

You rubbed the magic ball washer on the 13th hole. Out pops the Golf Genie. he grants you the power to add/delete/change 1 rule in golf. What is your wish?

For my wish, I would change the rule on divots in the fairway, granting a player free relief of 1 grip length no closer to the hole of any un-repaired divot.

now let's hear your wishes to the Golf Genie.

Drops are performed from AT LEAST knee height.

Drops are performed from AT LEAST knee height.

+1
AA.jpg

Lift clean and place on the entire course. :banana:

This one's easy, you can drop from a fairway divot. I hate that you can potentially be penalized for a good drive.

my answer to this is always the same. everything is a red stake. no more white or yellow.

Replace OB with lateral hazards.

Replace OB (mostly) with orange stakes that play like a lateral hazard except you can't play your ball from inside the hazard.

my answer to this is always the same. everything is a red stake. no more white or yellow.

This and the drop from divots in the fairway.

Replace OB (mostly) with orange stakes that play like a lateral hazard except you can't play your ball from inside the hazard.

Same here.

I am another one that thinks the Fairway divot should be ground under repair. We should get relief from our ball Landing in one.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

I get it’s a courtesy and not to walk in someone’s line while on the green but people have walked on that line all day long. It would save time to just walk through a line if it’s quicker mark it and step out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one's easy, you can drop from a fairway divot. I hate that you can potentially be penalized for a good drive.

This has the be the cruelest one of them all IMO. You should always be allowed to drop from a fairway divot. No sense in getting penalized for a good drive

I'll repeat this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a rule was broken, and no competitive advantage was gained, there is no penalty.

Back