Ryder Cup Fan Behavior Thoughts?

The crowd needs to self police, or a few loudmouths will always stand out in the respectful masses.

I fear Bethpage will be over the top stupid.

I went to the 2010 Ryder Cup at Celtic Manor, and I honestly didn’t hear one fan that was out of order (I obviously couldn’t be everywhere at once, so that’s not to say it didn’t happen). The first tee was electrifying. The great thing about the Ryder Cups in Europe is there is a football stand feel. someone would start a chant and within seconds, the whole first tee grandstand was singing. The chants literally had me crying with laughter. The we've got Gmac, you've got big mac chant was comedy genius. There was one lone guy who had the balls to do the USA chant. of course he was booed out in seconds, but then the crowd would give him a round of applause to acknowledge his "bravery" LOL. Even the USA team were laughing at some of the stuff. Fowler had to be told by the Euro's why the crowd were shouting Ricky at him in high pitched voices (i assume he's never watched Eastenders or heard of Bianca). My long winded point is the atmosphere was off the scale. Better than any other event I've been too. Its got to the point where the home crowd really does have a massive influence on the game, but that makes winning away from home even more satisfying. Im not into personal abuse or shouting during swings, but other than that, the galleries are one of the things that make the Ryder Cup unique IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limit alcohol sales, boot offenders. Get it locked down and show a no tolerance policy to that kind of behavior, and then you can tackle it early before it gets to be too much.

It's not a booze thing, because if it was the Waste Management would be a nightmare. It a culture thing.

It's not a booze thing, because if it was the Waste Management would be a nightmare. It a culture thing.

It's a flag thing. When that get's added in most sports the participants (both crowd and competitors) act in a worse way. Ryder cup is great to watch, with mute on.

Back