Ryder Cup Postponed to 2021

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just saw this. Stinks but makes sense to postpone it. Spectators and crazies are a big part of what makes the Ryder Cup so special.

Just saw this. Stinks but makes sense to postpone it. Spectators and crazies are a big part of what makes the Ryder Cup so special.
Agree 100%. I haven’t heard one player say otherwise, and if they felt otherwise I’m sure they wouldn’t broadcast it.

I am screaming inside but understand the decision to do it. It would not have been a Ryder Cup without fans.

Also the PGA Championship is being played without fans :eek:

Right decision if true, this is one event that needs the fans to be there

This is logical and seemed to be coming down for a while. Especially concerning the most recent COVID developments on US soil during regular season.

Totally makes sense, and a smart move on many levels. Will make 2021 extra special!

Probably the right decision given the circumstances.

Probably no way they allow crowds this year, and this way Kohler gets to still have the event and hopefully with a better financial outcome.

Maybe I have a minority opinion, but I think they can allow fans to these games if they wanted.

You take precautions to not allow fans closer than 15 feet from the players. You enforce a mask-wearing guideline, and you let fewer people in with the idea to somewhat social distance.

Hell, if they are ok with schools going back, high school sports being played, going to restaurants indoors and outside, you can make it work if you wanted to.

Last edited:
I hope not but have a bad feeling it’s probably headed this way.

Poor President's Cup.

Worst things in the world when it comes to news. It should be that if it's able to be used in print, then put your name to it.
Yep, or have a name to put by it. With no name it's only speculation.

Yep, or have a name to put by it. With no name it's only speculation.

Unnamed source might as well be AKA another Guardian employee. Or, someone not at all in the decision making process, yet felt like giving their opinion.

Sounds like Whistling Straights might have a bunch of tee times opening up in September...very tempting to go and play on what was supposed to be Ryder Cup weekend!

This headline feels like click bait considering it’s not postponed yet. Feel like I’ve seen this in another thread here.

Definitely bummed but I guess it makes sense

so stupid.

Back