Ryder Cup Quandary

Hoganman1

Reaction score
Like most of you I'm looking forward to this years Ryder Cup. However, for the last few years I've struggled with my emotions during the matches. While I feel like I should want the US to win, I find myself pulling for the Europeans. It's just that many of my favorite tour players now (Rahm, McIlroy, Rose, Garcia and Fleetwood) all will or might play for Europe. I really like Morikawa, Spieth and Thomas, but I'm kind of lukewarm on the rest of the top US players. I cannot explain this. Yesterday, I was so hoping Rahm would catch and pass Cantlay. I know I'll feel the same if they end up playing each other in a dream singles match.

Being a 100% supporter of American sports teams vs other countries, obviously I want the American team to win.

That being said, I think the Europeans will show up, relaxed, and ready to play.

Even though I like to watch DeChambeau play, I have no favorite, individual players in this contest, so this is definitely a team vs team event for me. I expect to see lots of great golf shots from both teams. Great golf shots are why I watch pro golf.

I suppose a premiere match up for me might be DeChambeau vs McIllroy. No particlar reason.

I'm jaded. I want Americans to win but I like the competition, and I admire the Euros for their camaraderie and sense of humor. Except for Poulter... wonder if he is bipolar sometimes.o_O

Back