Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
There are a ton of these type of training aids out there now, I decided to go with this one because it seemed the simplest and was the most cost effective. So far I am impressed. I actually really like the audible whistle is creates. I try to use it as a way of feeling that the speed is out in front of me and not behind me. I like how easy it is to change the weight and that it is a single unit and does not have a ton of extra stuff..

Is it the best? I have no idea, but I like it for what it is.

That looks cool. I bought most of the stuff to make my own, but haven’t gotten around to getting the washers for the weights yet. I also like that the protocol is openly free and available to anyone that wants to use it, like us DIY folk.

That looks cool. I bought most of the stuff to make my own, but haven’t gotten around to getting the washers for the weights yet. I also like that the protocol is openly free and available to anyone that wants to use it, like us DIY folk.

one of my fav features is that it feel like an actually club. It has a graphite shaft and when you swing it it feels normal.

Still pondering this, curious how the screws hold up with the adjustability and force from swinging it

I’ve had my Rypstick since Christmas 2020. Granted I haven’t gone full bore in training but it’s held up well and it’s a good warm up swing tool too. Plus the Pro who created it is from MN so I like supporting local.

I looked at it over the weekend but Rypstik and Stack would be too much...:oops:

I recently purchased the Rypstick 38" indoor model with the RypRadar. So far it seems to be a great option for indoor training. The app is well done and it very clearly guides the training sessions for you.

My baseline speed is 76 mph and a reasonable goal for me is 82 mph. I will report back on a few weeks.

Last edited:
I purchased something similar in early '21. I used it for several months and stopped due to trail side knee pain on off side swings. That knee has been replaced so I want to ease back into it.

I recently purchased the Rypstick 38" indoor model with the RypRadar. So far it seems to be a great option for indoor training. The app is well done and it very clearly guides the training sessions for you.

My baseline speed is 76 mph and a reasonable goal for me is 82 mph. I will report back on a few weeks.
After 4 sessions I have regressed from 76 to 68 mph. I am going to start taking more time to rest between sessions.

I worked out at a personal training gym for a few years and the trainers there showed me their studies on rest time needed to fully recover from strenuous muscle activity. It was 48 to 96 hours, and the older you are the more time you need.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231225_083139_Rypstick.jpg
    Screenshot_20231225_083139_Rypstick.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 4
I got the Rypstick early 2023 and spent about 3 months before the season doing Level 1 and 2. Started back up a few weeks ago and was interested to see they changed up the program a little bit. I combined the new Level 1 and level 2 and am doing: torso turns, hand swings, top down, transition step, and lead heel lift.

I think my favorite is the transition step, really makes you feel the weight/pressure transfer to the lead side.

I got the Rypstick early 2023 and spent about 3 months before the season doing Level 1 and 2. Started back up a few weeks ago and was interested to see they changed up the program a little bit. I combined the new Level 1 and level 2 and am doing: torso turns, hand swings, top down, transition step, and lead heel lift.

I think my favorite is the transition step, really makes you feel the weight/pressure transfer to the lead side.
I need to start this over. Feeling slow..

What kind of results so far?

I’ve done 5 sessions in past 3 weeks, and have dropped in ending 5 driver swings a little bit but I follow up the Ryp workout by hitting actual balls in my simulator and have stayed consistent in those (110-113 club, 165-170 ball)

I think a slight dip at this stage is somewhat normal as body is recovering and getting used to new strain being put on it. Expecting to see some gains in second half of this 12 session level 1/2. Then I’ll move onto level 3.

I need to start this over. Feeling slow..
Exactly why I restarted. Also helped me get over indoor swing syndrome after firing up the garage sim for the first time in months. Something about swinging as hard as possible seems to help me get over that mental block haha

Total failure - the weighted head flew off the stick and now I have to patch some drywall😡

Attachments

• 20231230_110614.jpg
    20231230_110614.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231230_110513.jpg
    20231230_110513.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 5
Total failure - the weighted head flew off the stick and now I have to patch some drywall😡

Oh no! That sucks, did you hit ground or anything? Or it literally just snapped off?

Oh no! That sucks, did you hit ground or anything? Or it literally just snapped off?
I realize now that I had bumped a carpeted floor with the stick a few days earlier.

Starting this thread back up to keep myself accountable and try to encourage some more Rypstick related discussion as it seems to pale in comparisons to the engagement for Stack or SuperSpeed.

Typical on course swing is around low 100s. These results shown below are baseline tests done at the end of each session using 2 weights in the Rypstick in lieu of the driver. I could swing harder (able to get around 120 with 2-weight step drill) but trying to keep the baseline as a stable and controlled swing that could theoretically be playable.
1708413058184.png

Haven’t seen much improvement on course but I am getting faster at swinging during speed training. Cant expect much to translate yet as it’s only been 8 sessions. Curious to see when the app unlocks level two and what’s that all about.

Anyone else still using Rypstick or seeing some decent on course gains? I keep thinking if I switch to stack maybe I’ll see something translated faster but I think it’s just time in with either before the results come.

ive used the stack system for over 100 workouts and the super speed system for about 3-4 months....my favorite is the rypstick, it feels the most like a driver......the stack is a great system but I think it needs a longer shaft that will make it feel more like a driver and less like a hybrid......the supersede wit the 3 sticks was fine but it was a bit too long of a workout for me.

* im currently doing golf forever and using the rypstick for overspeed training to tweak my nervous system for faster swings.

ive used the stack system for over 100 workouts and the super speed system for about 3-4 months....my favorite is the rypstick, it feels the most like a driver......the stack is a great system but I think it needs a longer shaft that will make it feel more like a driver and less like a hybrid......the supersede wit the 3 sticks was fine but it was a bit too long of a workout for me.

* im currently doing golf forever and using the rypstick for overspeed training to tweak my nervous system for faster swings.
What sort of speed gains have you seen on the course?

Im in California and it's soaked right now so I have not had much course experience......After using the Stack system, I gained about 13 mph swinging the stick and about 3-4mph IRL.
* I think using the rypstick is like increasing your rev limiter but u still need horsepower in your engine to go faster.

Im in California and it's soaked right now so I have not had much course experience......After using the Stack system, I gained about 13 mph swinging the stick and about 3-4mph IRL.
* I think using the rypstick is like increasing your rev limiter but u still need horsepower in your engine to go faster.
I feel that pain...in SoCal and the courses are soaked. On the plus side I can see where my ball carries because it plus most of the time.

Swing Speed update - next day in the books with Rypstick...definitely note seeing anywhere near 115 on the course, but I am getting it back out to where I was hitting it a few years ago so probably back around 104-105 which is better from 100-102. Hopefully some of this speed will translate to the course in the next month or so.

1708641077278.png

I think with a 115 rypstick reading, you may be at 108-109 mph swing speed at the range

Today yielded some better results after doing yoga before the session as opposed to after. Still do their suggested warm up routine prior to every session as well.

Was able to get a couple rounds in over the weekend and was seeing some decent carry numbers (measured by plugged balls) which is promising. No where near the speeds I’m getting during the sessions based on carry but nice to see a little on-course improvement. I’m sure strike and impact will take a bit of time to catch up as well.

1709005426506.png

Just did my first session with this yesterday, and although I feel like I'm in decent shape, pretty sore today. Only complaint is the sound. I get the point of it, but it sure aggravates the wife.

Back