Salad Dressing Warm or Cold?

I totally forgot Grandma used to make a salad called wilted lettuce that is made with bacon and bacon fat in the dressing. It’s served warm and it’s amazing 😳

Prefer my dressing and salad cold.

Warm salad dressing has never even been an option for me. I didn’t know there was such a thing. Does not sound appealing though at all.

creamy Caesar COLD

Cold.

A wilted spinach salad with hot bacon dressing is delightful. Anyone around Kentucky or Tennessee that has a Rafferty's around should try their frid chicken salad with hot bacon and honey mustard dressing. It's amazing.

Our old club had an amazing warm smoked bacon dressing that was delicious.

that's a good point, I would need to carve out an exception for spinach as it is better wilted anyways.

I ate at a restaurant the served a wilted salad with hot smoked bacon and brandy dressing on a bed of baby Ohio field greens like rockiet and dandelion. Some of those greens can be a little tough cold, and wilting them helps, The whole thing was delicious! Why close yourself off to new experiences.

The correct answer is both.

Warm to room temp when you have a fresh cooked chicken or shrimp salad.

Cold if doing a plain Caesar, side salad, or using a sweet salad dressing.

Cold salad and cold dressing even with warm chicken

Almost always cold. I think i have only ever had a warm bacon fat dressing, and oil & vinegar as room temp...... I guess I make a modified oil & vinegar with herbs, garlic, spices in it. Usually put that one on salad or on hot pasta.

Cold 100%

Room for both, as @JB said. But some, like blue cheese or ranch, are nm etter cold, while oil based dressings, especially those with olive oil, have to be at least warm enough to thaw the oil.

What is a 'salad'?

Cold. It goes in the fridge before it's opened to make sure.

Cold please!

Both. Oil & vinegar especially on an Italian sub should be room temp!

I prefer cold for sure. Warm would make me cringe.

🥶 for me

When my daughter leaves the ranch out overnight before she goes to bed. When I get up in the morning and find it's been left out, in the trash it goes.

I think it depends on expectations. I have had warm dressing that were warm and awesome. But I knew going in it would be there. Dressing that should be cold, need to be cold.

I make a vinegarette that my older daughter says is so good she'd rocks if the dressing was on it. I refridgerate it, but it separates and kind of thickens up, so I put it in the microwave for 15 seconds - and all is good.

It's mostly Lemon juice, Olive Oil, salt, pepper, garlic and spicy mustard. I have to admit, it's really good and not crazy fats and wasted calories.

So, put me down for room temp.

Back